Charles Oliveira vs Dustin Poirier

Charles Oliveira is on fire winning 9 in a row. His win over Tony Ferguson really set him apart from the rest of the division but he sealed the deal at UFC 262 vs Bellator vet Micheal Chandler, leaving no doubt in anyone’s mind Charles is the best right now.

It has been a long career spanning 11 years in the UFC and at 31 Do Bronx has reached his peak. Meanwhile, Dustin Poirier has just smashed the legend Conor McGregor in the 3rd installment of their trilogy fight.

Dustin is known for his ability to survive and keep coming and not give up. Having wars with guys like Halloway, Gaethje, Alvarez and more the Diamond has proven to be versatile as well as tough enough to take out the best and strongest in the division. A 10 year career in the UFC Dustin has only learned more and at 32 is at his peak.

In a battle between the champion the man with the most finishes (14) and the most wins (17) taking on a scary lightweight and the #1 ranked man Dustin Poirier which man would prove to be the better man on that night?

YouTube | Twitter | Facebook

I think Poirier takes the belt.

Poirier will KO him… first round or two will be fireworks tho.

I think Poirer takes a better shot than Charles, but if Charles gets this to the ground early…

I’m going with Oliveira by decision.

Too early for my pick but thank god thr 2 best LWs on the planet are fighting for the belt.

I like both but going with Charles.

Maybe Dustin should be the fav as he is so battle tested but I think people ARE STILL counting Charles out.

Remember ….Charles finished Chandler with strikes while Chandler went the distance with Gaethje. That speaks enough in itself.

1 Like