Coleman beats Kerr beat Ken beats Coleman

I have a feeling that Coleman would have beaten Kerr if they had fought. Kerr is more well rounded but Coleman would double leg blast Kerr and pound him out.

I have a feeling Coleman would take Ken down too but would gas and get subbed eventually by Ken.

Kerr would still takedown Ken but would avoid subs and win a boring decision just sitting in the guard and doing the minimum to avoid stand ups.

What do you think?

If we are going prime, Ken doesn’t beat either fighter.
He never lived up to the hype and his biggest victory was over Severn.

Kerr vs Coleman: I take Kerr. He had better and more powerful strikes when it came to standing and the wrestling was absolutely comparable especially when it came to MMA.

Comparing the results of both fighters against Igor provides zero indication of how Kerr vs Coleman would unfold. Igor was not a wrestler. Both Kerr and Coleman had no issues with taking him down.

Kerr and Coleman would absolutely struggle to take each other down. That being the case. I’d pick Kerr due to being a better striker.

3 Likes

I think Ken would beat both, and Coleman beats Kerr. The only chance for Kerr and Coleman vs Shamrock would be a lay and pray decision, it was said that Shamrock got the better of Coleman when they trained and it got pretty heated

1 Like

I agree on not using Igor to compare bcs the Coleman Igor fight was completely unfair due to the tournament structure. Coleman’s stand up is better than Kerrs IMO, Kerr threw more kicks but seemed more stiff and mechanical compared to Coleman. Coleman beat Kerr in amateur wrestling every time they face each other which is another thing to consider

Coleman’s biggest wins were against Don Frye x2, or Igor, or Severn or Shogun?

Frye Shamrock was after Kens prime and should not be compared to Coleman- Frye for any serious discussions

This is where I first heard about it, it’s only training but I can see Ken doing a Fujita type beating on either one minus the heart palpitations and having to throw in the towel

I disagree with Coleman beating Kerr. Kerr’s career was short but first part, he was a monster. A lot more tools than Coleman and better gas tank. Think the wrestling would cancel each other out in a fight (Coleman was better pure wrestling for sure). Kerrs striking would have won the fight.

This is best version vs best version

Sadly we will never know

Do you think Kerr was in his prime for the Igor fight?

I had my money on Kerr for that fight. I thought this was about his prime and that he was the man to beat in pride.

I thought he would wreck Igor as well. I had no idea Kerr was hooked on pain pills at the time, and not healthy mentally. I don’t think that’s prime.

When do you consider Kerr at his prime?

name checks out

Ken has no chance against either guy, and I think he’d know it in advance too, so he’d treat it like “work”.

Coleman vs Kerr is hella-interesting (if faggot boy is using jajaja, I’m using hella-interesting). I see that one being a war of attrition. I think the guy whose cardio is better at the 20-30 minute mark of this fight wins. And I have NO idea who that is (but I think it’s Coleman).

2 Likes

I think we are going to have to agree on disagreeing on the standup. Kerr had really strong kicks and good knees in the clinch. Coleman’s standup was pretty poor and none of his standup tools even reached mediocre levels.

regardless, would have been an interesting fight.

1 Like

Yeah you’re right about the standup, I was thinking Coleman’s hands were ok based on a couple fights but I don’t know, definitely agree on the kicks and knees of Kerr being better

1 Like

I was at Pride 7. Kerr’s biggest problem was bringing his girlfriend.

Severn would’ve slapped them all into Bolivian

I asked Don Frye this question on the Podcast. Thought he would be a good one to ask since he fought 2 out of 3. He said Shamrock beats Coleman and Kerr….and Coleman beats Kerr.

6 Likes

I always wanted Ken vs Coleman in the late 90s.

Ken matched up good with wrestlers.

Even if he had to weather a storm, I think Ken submits a tired Coleman.

I think Coleman beats Kerr, and I think it would come down the mental side of it more than a matchup of skills.

1 Like

u know coleman would put ken on his back
ken was not good from that position
he has a prayer turtling and rolling for leg locks
otherwise its all mark

1 Like