Could Aljos career be over?

What are your thoughts on Dillashaw’s assessment of Aljo’s future?

He’s trying to keep the belt and not fight for as long as possible because he knows deep down he doesn’t deserve it.

9 Likes

That was one hell of a knee

6 Likes

Karma is a bitch right? I wonder if he’s even proud of how he got that strap, Literally the only person to win a title like that. Has to be the most disliked “champions” in the UFC right now.

7 Likes

I’d say it’s more a case where he threw everything he had, including grappling where he is most dominant against Yan and he was bested. AJ even admits that much.

If anything, he knows deep down from experience he can’t beat Yan and wants to enjoy being champion for as long as possible, hoping Yan will lose to someone else and he can milk his time as champ as much as possible.

6 Likes

He should have had the foresight to get whatever surgery he needed earlier to extend his career and prime money making days. So many times we see someone get to the top and then they’re out for injuries and surgeries, fighting less than once a year. It’s like THAT’S the reward for reaching the highest level.

1 Like

Aljo will be back but not against Yan he’s still traumatized from that beat down

4 Likes

Not really. Vitor cut cut Randy’s eyelid with a glove seam like 20 seconds into a title fight. Randy beat his ass in the rematch.

2 Likes

Aljo is the Deontay Wilder of MMA IQ

3 Likes

Aljo is the only guy to win a championship via DQ that I know of.

He only had pancakes and eggs to eat that day and that really screwed up his performance

2 Likes

Yeah, but same circumstance where he won the title without technically earning it. Had the seam been sewn inside it wouldn’t have happened.

He won the fight on a technicality that wasn’t his fault. He ducked a rematch with Yan, trolled everyone, and has milked his champion status ever since winning the belt.

I think UFC will get rid of him the first chance they get.

2 Likes

I don’t ever want to see Punkmaster fight again. His bitch ass behavior from the moment of the illegal knee has gotten me to this point…

3 Likes

How much is Aljo praying that Sandhagen beats Yan

1 Like

5 Likes

That pissed me off to no end. I was looking forward to that fight for a while and it ended in a shitty way. Vitor was never championship material.

2 Likes

Vitor didnt refuse to continue and win on a DQ. Vitor threw a strike that caused a fight ending injury. Huge difference in my view

1 Like

It was an equipment malfunction. Punch didn’t land. The seam landed.

Bullshit, Vitor was a bad motherfucker.

2 Likes