Drew Fickett in the house on the Lytes Out Podcast

Even Drew is amazed at the information that the MMA detective Mike Davis is able to uncover.

5 Likes

This will be interesting to see how this guy has been doing. What a warrior.

1 Like

Drew is about as hardcore as they get. Very glad he came on with us.

3 Likes

1 Like

Yeah what’s Fickett been up to. Great podcast I’ll have to make time for it. Both he and Lytle are warriors from the old school. Respect!

3 Likes

I am an hour into it now still 95 minutes left. This has been interesting you don’t see Drew talk especially for this long.

He is an interesting character different vibe comes off he’s just a killer guy, he’s that old school tough but different… he’s politically incorrect… for Drew being 41 not that it matters but I did find it interesting how he talks. He has stated multiple times fights judged wrong or commissions etc “Are Gay” / “Yea it was gay” and referred to dominating with wrestling “raping” I’ve been chuckling hearing this talk so frequently takes me back to my youth… and I’m 31 lol.

They are tackling the Rage in the Cage days very thoroughly and Drew has a decent recollection of these fights and some of the fighters themselves, he claims was very fond of these times fighting despite the lack of money not entirely sure what he was making it was so low. Often mentioning being low balled by the promotor time again despite his purse already being so low 30 - 75 bucks maybe a fight?

He stated the lack of the commission’s made those days / fighting more enjoyable with less restrictions, Drew then made a reference to increasing restrictions (due to Covid no doubt) and Chris Lytle was quick to hear him out and say he himself is a classic “libertarian less government control” (you are the man Chris) while Drew replied “Less government more responsibility, I hear you brother” I couldn’t agree more with both that was a cool bit… Most of these RITC events just took place at a “packed cowboy bar” routinely.

He looks very healthy he mentioned quickly he owns a successful business but didn’t delve into what kind of business? Perhaps what his shirt says “Miracle Koffee” it hasn’t been discussed so far.

That’s all I got for now I want to get back into it I need to get more of these deepdive interviews in for sure great stuff.

3 Likes

The Hammer is making an appearance soon, I spilled my guts out and told everything to Mike
Lol

Just wait until you hear those questions

3 Likes

As the og owner of drewfickett.com , I can tell you drew is 100% real as there is. Absolutely thrill ride anytime he was near.

1 Like

I’ve always been a fan of Fickett. I would have liked to have heard his side of the MFC run and whatever happened there with MFC Pres Mark Pavelich but regardless it was cool to have this interview and see he is doing well.

2 Likes

Based on how it went, I can see Drew making a second appearance

That guy is fun to be around come fight time, you never know what he is going to do

2 Likes

I’ve been listening to these interviews and they are kind of bland. You got a character like Fickett and that’s all the stories you got out of him? The guy was like a Tuscon Dan Gable, you got to dive way more into his crazy training routine, Screaming up mountains yelling “Intensity”, his numerous run in with cops, running wind sprints in the rain while housed at Tent City, posing for Play Girl, his Mexican period where he got that “hecho in Mexico” tattoo. I will say this, flawed as he may be, Fickett is the type of guy that if you throw him a sword, he’ll not only win the war for you, he’ll be the first to lead the charge.

1 Like

Crazy story about an altercation with a papa johns delivery driver and Fickett driving his truck into the back of his vehicle pushing it through the papa johns front entrance!!! He plays the violin no shit,:violin: and has claimed that’s why he won’t be coming back fighting in BKFC but has insiuated he wants to fight again, and even maybe fight a other 50 more times. Upon hearing this one of the guy interviewing him chuckled for just a moment and Drew stiffened up and a bit and immediately said “Mike thinks I’m joking” Fickett got a fire lit lol it was as if the kill switch was on the cusp of being flicked he wants to come back! War Fickett.

Judge Judy. Punching my new 65 inch tv. Hulking up on me when I hid his drinks. Almost getting my gf kicked out of her apartment by repeatedly jumping off the couch to pound the ceiling then landing like a frog on the carpet

2 Likes

Is there a link to this? I have to watch it

1 Like

Will be viewing the Rich Clementi deepdive next this is exciting you guys are doing great work, is Scott Smith on your guys list ?

That would be interesting he’s had so many insane battles over the years. I’ve subscribed and sent to my buddies and told them to do the same. love from Canada.

2 Likes

Drew has the most insane stories I’ve ever heard. I’ve been friends with him since he fought Kenny Florian in Boston, and I’d get a call from him at like 7am (4am AZ time) and he’d be telling me crazy shit like there was a news report about a mountain lion in Tucson, and he grabbed some salmon and ran up the mountain the news told people to stay away from because he wanted to feed the mountain lion, and he found it, attempted to feed it, but it lunged at him, knocking him down a small cliff, and he got all banged up rolling down the mountain etc…

Then I talk to him a few days later and he’s like “what have you been up to man? It’s been like a month since we talked.” and I tell him we talked 3 days ago and put on my bender Drew voice and tell the mountain lion story, and he laughs the whole time and says “yeah, all that happened, it was fucking crazy bro.”

He’s had some struggles with alcohol, but appears to be doing much better now. He’s making $, still training hard, and seems to be doing great.

i brought up the Abu Dhabis, where he got hunted down by Ricardo Almeida and a crew of Brazilians, and he hinted that was Santino DiFranco’s fault? I was there and got drunk with Drew, and he said “I remember” lol. Definitely for a part 2.

The guy who said it was bland, I have to agree, for fickett it was, but it is good to get the professional stuff out of the way first, i think we had a good repoire and he would come back on.

Also, to let you guys in on future scheduling, we are in touch with Seth Baczinski (SP?), who is friends with Drew and Drew is OK with him uncorking any stories he wants. I booked Seth 1 or 2 times as well, so I think you guys can consider the documentation of Drew Fickett like a “Work in Progress.”

2 Likes

Yeah,Baczynski did my boy Tim McKenzie dirty.Tapped out & when Tim let go he then kept fighting because the referee didn’t see it.

Maybe you should ask him about that one.

1 Like

Now that’s a Fickett story haha!!

At one local fight, they had a prefight introduction thing, so one by one the fighters would get called out and briefly square up in the middle of the cage, then exit the cage and stand around the outside of the cage, until everyone had been introduced. At the end all the fighters are standing around the outside of the cage, facing the audience and getting cheers from the crowd. So they call Drew Fickett out and some little skinny guy, decked out with shades, wearing fancy jeans and looking like he was about to go club hopping enters the cage, all the while throwing like a continuous 12 punch shadow boxing combo. The guy shakes Drew’s opponent’s hand and continues his street fighter 2 punch sequences. The crowd is laughing, I look over and Drew is in sitting in the crowd, busting up at the spectacle. Needless to say the promoter who was handling the introductions, did not seem pleased.