Dustin Poirier says McGregor 'reeks of insecurity' before UFC 264

Thoughts on Poirier’s comments forum mob?

Because he is.
If he loses again, Conor is done.

He isn’t wrong. Conor will be dangerous because he is desperate for a win. His losses have turned his confidence into insecurity because he knows another loss puts him on the official track to the back end of his career.

Dustin needs to stay humble. The last time he tried to be the “bully” he got knocked the fuck out by Michael Johnson!

1 Like

Why’s he sniffing another dude?

After watching that 30 min interview Dustin did with Brett okamotto I feel pretty confident that Conor will KO him early. Openly adits he took this fight purely for the check, , which I understand, but that usually translates into a poor performance. Also said Conor touched him pretty good in the first round of the last fight. If Conor blitzes him he’s going to KO Dustin again.

1 Like

Dustin shoots for a takedown within 30 seconds again.

1 Like

No doubt Poirier won clearly and cleanly, but the end doesn’t mean that Conor was totally outmatched and has no chance! Fans are so fickle. But I agree Conor must have gine from confident to desperate. Another loss and he is done.

Dustin won because Conor wasn’t prepared for gimmick calf kicks that have taken the sport by storm.

It felt like Conor was going to get the TKO again until he started eating those en masse.

The problem is there’s not really a solid way to stop low calf kicks yet besides moving the fuck out of the way.

Anderson Silva and Chris Weidman may tend to agree. Nick and Nate may not.

A big factor that I don’t see being talked about is the fact that Conor was stopped by strikes for the first time in his career. Yes Nate dropped him and so did Khabib. However those fights weren’t finished on the feet and didn’t shake his confidence. This time against Dustin he was legitimately and undeniably stopped by strikes for the first time in his career, and as a guy who has built his entire career around incredible striking prowess, that could impact him mentally. I could see this going one of two ways:

• Conor no longer has the same confidence in his striking and it leads to a bad KO in the third Dustin fight

Or

• Conor has a fire burning inside of him to prove he’s the better striker and fighter, and that he still has what it takes to become a champion

I doubt Conor spars with anyone who gets the better of him standing. Being the top dog at his gym, it’s unlikely that he ever really loses rounds in sparring. He’s just not used to being in there with guys who have put him away like that. It’s going to be interesting to see how he comes back from that.

1 Like

They didn’t break their shins throwing low calf kicks.

And the standard way of checking a kick doesn’t really work great against someone trying to turn your calf into hamburger meat.