Fedor explaining why he didn't sign with the UFC

The legendary Russian mixed martial arts fighter Fedor Emelianenko, performing in Bellator, explained why he never became a UFC fighter. He pointed to the boorish behavior of the president of the league, Dana White.

“Dana White behaved incorrectly, spoke boorishly. We met with him on the island when I already signed with Strikeforce. They expressed a desire to meet, flew in on a private jet and talked. But I already had a contract.

If I signed with the UFC, Strikeforce would sue me. As a result, I would not have fought either here or there while the trial was going on. It could take years. When asked whether they are ready to pay a penalty if such a process goes on, no one gave any guarantees. I didn’t understand the meaning of this meeting at all, because I had a valid contract. Vadim Finkelstein wanted to hear something, some numbers, so he made a meeting.

When I was free, Dana White offered nothing. I got a contract, I was offered large sums, but what’s the point? I would simply be “extinguished” without fights, and that’s it, ” Emelianenko is quoted by Telesport.

1 Like

fedor emelianenko agree GIF by DAZN USA

uh, he was now without that undefeated aura after getting beaten by guys the UFC let go at the time, all were brought back eventually, then you Lost to Matt Freaking Mitrione LOL so it seems to be a good call for Fedor he never signed.