Gaethje vs Poirier II for the title in 2022?

If there’s a title fight booked, the UFC would put DP vs Diaz as the co-main even though it’s the fight everyone is paying for.

And I said Dariush because everyone else is busy, and the UFC won’t make him wait to defend just because Dustin wants to fight Diaz in the meantime.

So between now and the end of the year, they likely have Gane vs Francis, Oliveira vs Someone…and the Nov PPV is packed, so unless DP vs Diaz is 2022, it won’t headline.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s not true. UFC never announced or tried to make Poirier vs Iaquinta. Also, why would they? Fight never made sense in any type of way.

Only fight he held out on is/was Tony Ferguson, which he said himself the prize wasn’t right.

Make millions fighting Conor or a fraction of that fighting Charles?

I get your point but it’s just greatly exaggerated.

Not exaggerated in the least…I’ve posted about it before but can’t find the info because when you google shit like “poirier contract dispute” or “Poirier pulls out” or “poirier cut me” it pulls up all Conor shit about the 500K donation, or the story DP told about weight cuts.

However, the Ferguson fight was like the 3rd one he refused over contract issues. The ones I remember specifically were Iaquinta (years ago, before they were close to title fights), as well as the contract dispute he had after the second Alvarez fight. He was holding out, turning down every fight offered, demanding a new deal. He didn’t fight for like 9 months, and got a new deal for the Holloway Interim title fight. I remember that specifically because he said he got a new deal he was happy with, then fought Khabib and Hooker, then was demanding a new deal again.

People posted about it here at the time, breaking his balls about how he held out for a new deal, got one, then lost to Khabib, beat Hooker and was doing the same shit, demanding a new deal and tweeting shit like “release me from my deal.”

So yeah…when I say he’s done it 3-4 times, he’s done it 3-4 times. I’m not talking about taking a particular fight instead, I’m talking about flat out refusing to fight unless he got a new deal.

I’m not calling him a bitch, not saying he’s soft…he’s taken the approach of sitting when he wants a better deal…similar to Nate Diaz…but he’s clearly more reasonable than Nate, as he’s been able to actually get his deals done within a few months and get back in the cage.

1 Like

Okay? What does that prove? It’s a tweet and clearly says at the bottom that the UFC has to call Dustin to make the fight. Lots of fighters have gone back and forth over Twitter. Means nothing…

pretty sure that’s not the time I’m talking about anyway. Either way, Dustin’s done it multiple times, whether you want to believe it or not.