Gane banked $350K for UFC 265 win

The Frenchman banked some pretty good coin for just his 10th MMA fight.

1 Like

Solid payday

1 Like

It’s solid considering he’s only been in the UFC for 2 years, but he just headlined a PPV for the interim HWT title, and it was 6 weeks after he headlined another show and went 5 rounds with a guy in the top 5. Also beat Biggie Boy earlier this year, who is ranked 6. So yeah, impressive rise in the UFC, and it’s great he’s making $350K a couple years in…but I think a guy who has gone 6-0 in the UFC, headlined on free tv, and is headlining a PPV for an interim title…I’d like to see that guy make more than $350K.

I get he’s not a megastar yet or anything, but when you consider that many of the champs make $5M+, I don’t think the gap should be that big.

1 Like

I remember when Mike Tyson said he made no money for his first 5 fights.

Ngannou would be making a pittance as a journeyman boxer compared to what he is making now as a MMA fighter.

shitty payday to headline a PPV after UFC is bragging about record numbers this year.

Think Crypto.com sponsorship for that one event is around (roughly) what Gane made, how pathetic is that?

1 Like

You faggots will spin it whatever way you can to shit on the UFC. It’s starting to get pathetic and people are turning against it

He or his managers negotiated a contract. He fought. Got paid in line with his contract. The fact he headlined a PPV should be a positive thing because no one 1) knows him 2) particularly likes watching him fight. That might change next fight

3 Likes

For 10 pro fights that is an excellent payday not to mention he took zero damage in that fight

2 Likes

And he is primed now for a big title shot against Ngannou with PPV points almost guaranteed.

How much do bricklayers make per year man? Or people excavating tunnels in silica dust environments? Because those guys take a whole lot of punishment too and work for big organisations.

Where are these fucking bitches campaigning for them??

Not a solid payday for a heavyweight title fighter on ppv… He should have taken home at least a mil plus ppl points…It’s pathetic what he made after taxes and paying coaches % and training expenses he’s lucky if he has 200k left

1 Like

Out of 220k AUD per year working 60 hour weeks I get approx 132k in hand after taxes. Please can you help me i think this is pathetic too

“I’d like to see that guy make….”

oooook pal

1 Like

Also my university degrees cost me 74k aud which I had to pay back with interest to the government and took me 10 years to finish. Can you please talk to the massive conglomerate that owns my employment company about that for me. It’s unfair

Quit your job and sue university for your money lol at 200k for 60 hours a week

Ok why doesn’t Gane quit fighting and sue his coaches?

better yet why doesn’t he sue UFC?.. They claim/are biggest mama promotion right? but pay 17% of their revenue to fighters? boxing and other sports pays closer to 50%…

1 Like

Here we go again. This percentage of revenue argument and the comparison to other sports is fundamentally flawed. Do I need to spell out why AGAIN or do you know how to use google

He doesn’t sue the UFC because he signed a contract. Have you ever done that or don’t you have to sign a contract at McDonald’s?

That’s about as fair as it gets. Not sure why there’s a thread about it. Oh well here I am

1 Like

Sue them for what reason?

1 Like

McDonald’s lol, No I was my own boss for 28 years and retired now…I’M GOOD BUD…But you keep working those 60 hours for your Boss

I will. I consider myself very fortunate. It was used solely as an example to show how irrational these fighter pay arguments have become