Helwani taunts Bryan Callen with veiled rape accusations

Now this is getting below the belt - no pun intended.
Ariel made a clip with Callen’s name in the headline. He’s made veiled threats in the past to blow up the rape story.

Processing: C9D71D27-E87A-4D8F-A4CD-7973C8152CCB.webp…

Yeah, pretty effed that Bryan raped him tho, you gotta be fair.

1 Like

What’s this guy’s end game?

1 Like

Its not like Callen has been convicted of a crime. Its just an accusation. This hurts Ariel’s credibility as a journalist.

8 Likes

I must have missed that part of it but he bodied Schaub badly.

1 Like

4 Likes

Ashton Kutcher Burn GIF

1 Like
2 Likes

He didn’t say anything about the rape thing though?

3 Likes

He is threatening to go there NEXT if they don’t apologize publicly. That could get Bryan re-canceled.

Ariel taunted Bryan in the first installment of this feud a few weeks ago. He kept saying what is Callen afraid of.

1 Like

I really don’t want to scroll through 40 min of Ariel playing “his music” and self grandiose

Can somebody summarise (without being a smartasss) the Callen part please?

5 Likes

The accusations wouldn’t make a DENT

3 Likes

I’ve always liked Ariel. He was the first MMA journalist that actually represented the fans and cared to learn about the sport. Back in the MMA Rated days he was such a breath of fresh air and would get the fighters to really open up beyond the standard ‘how did training camp go’ line of questioning everyone else was doing.

I loved when he finally got in BLAF’s good graces, and thought it was unfair when he was blackballed over the brock thing. I was at a UG meet n greet for GSP/Diaz where Ariel got the loudest pop of all. He really was a bit of all of us out there……a fan who got to ask fan questions.

But this Ariel is different. He’s spent time at ESPN watching how Stephen A and the like talk in circles and make brash statements and is trying to knock them off. He’s more pro wrestling fan than MMA fan and I honestly don’t get what he’s trying to do. Surely, even Ariel has to know that no one is tuning in for his petty drama and grandstanding against the UFC? His agenda is so clear these days it’s hard to be a fan tbh.

Sad to say but after all these years I hardly even watch any of his content and when I do, I find it to be negative, and his new attitude offputting.

8 Likes

You’re speculating. It sounded to me he had multiple people wanting to burn them publicly who have gotten burnt by them.

1 Like

Get a grip, dude. He’s responding to Schaub talking shit about him. He’s finally found the balls to stand up for himself after earning his place. Nothing wrong with that at all. He still gives fighters a platform to speak on his show and keeps it very positive there for the most part.

11 Likes

You realize which forum you’re on, don’t you???

5 Likes

this is great if true.
Callen is horrible and his divorce settlement is hilarious.
A rape charge would be the icing on the cake.

3 Likes

As a rape victim, the little faggot has a sore spot for that sort of shit. Give him a break.

1 Like