Izzy/Vettori PPV reportedly gets 500K buys in the U.S

By comparison, the Masvidal vs. Usman rematch was pegged at 700K PPV buys in America.

Nate Diaz helped him big time getting that #.

6 Likes

I watched for Diaz. If I saw Vettorri fight before this, I don’t remember it. I also haven’t heard of the majority of the guys he’s beat. The main even was like filler.

7 Likes

The last time I saw Vettori fight was the first time I saw both him and Izzy. I wasn’t impressed with either of them back then. This fight was about as memorable as that one for me.

3 Likes

Ya probably 300knif Diaz doesn’t get cut and stays on earlier card

Pretty low number for 2 champ fights plus Diaz

Izzy has some snoozer fights lately so that doesn’t help

6 Likes

Izzy problems…

Almost seems like a problem of the division. He’s beaten everyone and fought so much and so often it’s hard to get people hyped for each fight.

Then the UFC is left building up challengers before they are truly ready for this big of a step up.

My 2 cents…

3 Likes

That and they’re facing a lanky passive striker who moves backwards more often than not.

1 Like

1 Like

Because no one wants to see Israel hump men and play with their ass cheeks. Card prob gets 200k without Nate

4 Likes

Izzy don’t move the needle, Don’t @ me

Israel vs Costa did 700k+ worldwide.
Israel vs Jan did 800k worldwide.
So I’m not sure you can say Israel isn’t a draw.
His last two events have had about 200k outside the US and this is probably similar with 3 main event worthy fights on there. It’s end result will likely be about 700k worldwide which is pretty good.

Mas has a huge following both in the US and internationally. Their first fight did $1.3m and I can’t seem to find the global number for the rematch but it’s probably just over $1m.

1 Like

Vettori didn’t move anyones needle

500K+ for that is quite good

UFC and MMA in general has jumped the shark.

Probably nate added 150k or 300k lol, as i know ppl watch nate cuz it can be a good “dog” fight, and people in general dont watch yzzy

That was all polacks buying

Izzy is an awkward faggot and nobody likes him.

4 Likes

UG - Nate Diaz is a huge draw

Reality - a PPV that has 2 title fights and Diaz can only do 1/2 million buys.

Leon Edwards, little people, and an Italian jobber…that’s a lot on B-side for Izzy and Diaz to carry.

3 Likes

The Pollocks all bought Izzy vs Costa?

Costa moves needles, bros. At least he sure as hell moves my needle.

2 Likes