Nate Diaz is gonna fight Jake Paul, huh?

I’m not saying I want to see it, but Nate has one fight left on his UFC deal and has talked about wanting to fight quickly to finish that deal so he can explore his options. Regardless of what happens in his next UFC fight, he’s likely to get offered more $ to fight in Triller against Jake Paul, who has openly called for the fight.

I think the only way the UFC avoids this is if Conor loses to Poirier, and they offer him the Conor trilogy, and add a couple fights to his deal as part of the offer. I don’t see any way Nate fights out his deal then comes back to the UFC.

If they book Nate vs Masvidal again, that’s a clear sign to me that the contract talks have gone poorly, and the UFC is just hoping Masvidal gets another win so he can possibly headline another PPV or two after the Nate fight.

2 Likes

Dana probably wont allow it. He is gonna bleed all the money he can out of Nate

That would require Nate signing on it, which means he’s just as responsible for the outcome.

So you didn’t read my post, huh? Saw the headline, clicked in and replied?

Nate has 1 fight left on his deal and wants to fight again ASAP so that he can fulfill his contract obligations and hit free agency. Dana can’t really hold him up at this point. His two options are to offer him a great fight like Conor, along with a new deal with more fights…or offer him a shit fight like Islam Makhachev if he refuses to sign a new deal.

Without getting Nate to sign a new deal, he’ll be a free agent by the end of the year as long as he accepts the fight Dana offers. Dana has said a million times that he has to offer fights to guys as part of their deal…if he offers Nate a fight and he accepts, Nate is a free agent after.

2 Likes

I’m sure he’s gonna chase the money no matter where it comes from.

If Nate finishes out his contract with a roaring crowd like Saturday, the UFC is gonna have to pony up some good money to keep him.

1 Like

I think they have to pony up either way. Triller will offer Nate more than they offered Woodley, and they said he’s getting like a million plus PPV points…and Triller will offer him a 1 fight deal.

So even if the UFC offers similar money, they’d want a multi-fight deal in which Diaz has no guarantee of who he fights…or he can make millions to box Jake Paul and still be a free agent. Easy choice.

1 Like

As much as I hate to say it, Nate and that Triller garbage would go together like peas and carrots! I wouldn’t doubt at all if a huge brawl broke out between Nate’s crew and the other crew.

2 Likes

Jake is with Showtime now. Triller no longer has his rights.

1 Like

So replace Triller with showtime in my post. Showtime will offer Nate a 1 fight deal for more $ than the UFC will offer.

1 Like

Nathan Diaz is will go down as one of the highest earning prize fighters of his generation and that’s just as impressive as being a world champ when it’s all said and done.

We all love the competition but for the fighters the business side is a whole different game and Nate is definitely one of the all time GOATs.

Plus he’s got his budding (pun intended) weed empire.

Good for him and his family.

I hope he does get the JP fight after his next one. It could be a blockbuster

Triller paid $500K to Askren, I think Nate is going to want at least 10 times that.