New Lytes out Podcast

4 Likes

Freddy has a bigger heart than what I have.I personally would not have done all of that work for Dan & the Danger Zone for no pay.

1 Like

Bet this is a great listen. Will listen later when I have time.

What I’ve heard of Lytes Out so far puts it as the best MMA history stories podcast I’ve seen.

Really hope to see it grow.

3 Likes

TTT

1 Like

I’m really looking forward to this podcast!

3 Likes

I’ve been listening for a while. The Severn one is good. His old buddy said Severn would “wrestle” for cash.

2 Likes

Becky Levi, debi Purcell, olga bakalopoulos, Greta hicks,

2 Likes

Ttt

Severn was never really one of my favorite fighters but I used to have a lot of respect for him as an MMA pioneer and I admired how often he fought even as he was getting older. Then I saw several of his fights that ranged from highly suspicious to undeniable works. Now I know that many of which have been admitted to be bullshit by people who promoted the fights, and yet they remain on the record databases. Severn took peoples’ money and gave them phony fights. What does that say about his integrity?

This Fred Rodriguez guy is making a lot of serious accusations. Exposing Severn’s cheapness and his selfish/greedy business practices is one thing but he is also strongly implying that he’s complicit or even directly involved in sex crimes. I don’t know if I believe that or if this dude just has a grudge but it’s pretty eye opening stuff.

4 Likes

If you were making a living in regional mma in the 90’s and 2000’s you’re likely a scumbag.

3 Likes

TTT

There is a lot of truth in this statement

1 Like

For a lot of guys it was a side hobby / Job that was never intended to be long term

No way. There were definitely managers and promoters who were doing it full time and it’s was beyond shady.

Oh I was talking about fighters. Yeah managers have always been trash, and they still are to this day. Very few of them with integrity and honest.

And a lot of Promoters were shady for sure. I remember up until like 2006, local events I attended there were almost near brawls because fighters didn’t get paid.

Excuses like “we didn’t have enough alcohol or ticket sales to pay tonight, but you’ll get paid don’t worry”
Lol a lot of robbing Peter to pay Paul.

Are you talking the old Minnasota days?

1 Like

Ttt

1 Like

Strikersupreme is Freddy? :wink:

2 Likes