Prime Fedor vs Cain, DC Stipe?

Fedor is one of my favorite fighters of all time. He was so good in Pride and beat some legends in their primes like Mino and Cro.

How would he have done against Cain and DC? They were his size so this is a skill based fight. Do you think it matters where the fight takes place? Stipe would be hard because of his, size and striking. Fedor could close the distance so it isn’t impossible for him to win on the ground or standing. Stipe was known to get clipped and if Fedor hurt him he would swarm.

How would he do?

• Beats them all
  • Beats 1
  • Beats 2
  • Loses to them all

0 voters

I think Fedor beats Stipe but Cain and DC would be tougher fights.

DC is his worst matchup for sure. I don’t see him stopping DC’s takedowns.

Would be fun to see him banging vs Cain and Stipe. Don’t really know who wins.

1 Like

I think DC launches Fedor early but in later round Fedor would come back

2 Likes

Fedor’s explosiveness and mastery on the ground I don’t see him losing to any of them, he has more power than all 3 on the feet.

The game has evolved but if each were in their prime in the same era, Fedor’s dominance was above the rest.

4 Likes

They all beat and finish fedor. Badly too

Prime JDS and Lesnar finish fedor too. Also badly

:rofl::joy::joy::joy::rofl: what world do y’all live in

Interesting topic, never really thought about it… hmmmm

Stipe knocks him out on his feet. Cain and DC both take him down and maul him to death. JDS knocks him out on the feet. UFC 100 Lesnar takes him down and TKOs him to death

1 Like

RIP Frodo

19 submission wins? Bested Nogera on the ground, multiple time Sambo world champ like Khabib and Islam. How is he not one of the best to ever do it on the ground?

2 Likes

He ain’t submitting Cain or DC. throw that idea away. This ain’t 2000 or the 90’s when wrestlers were clueless about BJJ

Cain DC Brock would take him down and give him no space at all to submit them

Go back and watch what Lesnar did to Frank mir. That headlock made Mir’s right arm and hand completely useless. They’d do the same to fedor and beat the Hell out of him

1 Like

He not only beats all three… he does it in the same night.

11 Likes

I think he’s underdog against all three. Stipe is the interesting fight, DC & Cain handle him in my opinion

1 Like

Ok, prime fighter from the year 1995 vs 2015 primes are different because the sport has evolved with better techniques. But as an athlete, competitor and with the dominance shown in Fedors time, he was head and shoulders above #2-#5.

Lesnar, Cain, Cormier and Stipe were not on the same level of dominance.

Lesnar was on roids, Cain was flash KO’d by JDS, Stipe lost to Stephan Struve, DC lost to Jones and Stipe.

Fedor in his prime was 31-1 and his one loss was a doctor stoppage from a cut.

4 Likes

Was Fedor still in his prime vs Brett Rodgers and Bigfoot Silva?

If not, what happened? Old age? Injuries?

Cains career ended in such a disappointing fashion. He was amazing for a very brief period. Loved watching him.

3 Likes

Nah, I think he was out of his prime. Father Time imo. Fedor’s game was built quite a bit off of his reflexes & speed. Those are the first things to go. He still looked pretty good though. But if you’re undersized at heavyweight & start losing your speed/reflex advantage, it’s a big uphill battle.

5 Likes

4 Likes