Ray Cooper III on PFL Championship main event snub: 'Everybody knows I'm the main event'

My exclusive chat with 2019 champion and three-time PFL finalist Ray Cooper III is now up on the main site. Although he’s soft-spoken, Cooper III’s comments to me were still bold about his spot on the championship card and finals opponent Magomedkerimov.

Guy is a star. I can’t wait for him to fight in the ufc

3 Likes

WMMA sucks

I watch his fights only hoping to see him lose as I am not that big of a fan of his unfortunately.

Why do you hate the man, what did he do to you other than ktfo Shields twice?

2 Likes

He’s right though Kayla is fighting someone 3-1 lol. Who the fuck cares honestly.

2 Likes

Even if Kayla was fighting someone 10-0 she doesn’t deserve to be a main event

I feel Cooper is a top 10 WW. His power reminds me of Paul Daley but with top tier wrestling.

2 Likes

I do not like his attitude at all.

He fought his cousin in pfl in 2019

He might be the antidote for Snoozman

Maybe you heard something I didn’t.

I didn’t like Jake Shields attitude either.

1 Like

Hard to see him going to UFC as long as PFL is alive, though it would be a nice addition.

And yes, Harrison as main event is laughable. Women’s 145 is bad enough. 155 is just a joke.

Yes Jake acted like a douche but I am not talking about him. RC III is an arrogant guy and I do not like him. Get over it Tim Duncan fan.

Well that is you opinion

1 Like
1 Like

I listened to his interview 7 hours before his fight. He said he trains in his garage.

His dad trains him

He said he saw Jake Shields beat his dad when he was 6 and he wanted to pay him back which he did twice.

He said he just sleeps till fight time.

His dad did beat Jake. That is the only father son combo I have ever heard of that beat the same guy in mma.

He even cut his flowing locks to make 170.

And he is 5ft7
Glad he beat Magomed Magomed Magomedkerminov

1 Like

Has gracie as a screen name, but doesn’t like someone he thinks is arrogant. OK

3 Likes

I loved Royce but he had a giant chip on his shoulders, as he should have.

Rickson also had a giant chip even though he ducked the best.

After listening to his interview he sounds like an alright guy. He thinks he’s the best in the division and has some wins to back it up. I think his short size would be a disasvanted to some rangy fighters but anyone that has power in their hands and can wrestle will be tough

1 Like