remember the lions den team?

Used to be a really good Lions Den compilation on youtube that was set to Renegades of Funk . Can't find it.

this thread is worthless w/o pics of the FUCKING PURPLE CAPE.

onepunchJD - 
Ruiz MMA - 
onepunchJD - ^^^

Damn.. Ken would have killed Tito back then.

Good thread.

With what a hurracarana from the top turnbuckle? Cmon now ken was roiding and tito still beat it up

LOL.. what?

Ken was roiding in the WWF, not for the Tito fight that happend years later.

The Ken in that picture would have smashed that Tito, or any Tito for that matter.

Anyways, there are other threads for that topic.

lol You must be joking? A relatively green Tito was already a more complete fighter than Ken was at that point. Ken's striking was atrocious at that point.

onepunchJD - 
PrideGP is The GAME - Guy Mezger was the best fighter the Lion's Den produced. He could still be a top fighter today with the skills he had.

He outwrestled Saku, Outstruck Liddell, and was beating Rogerio until he gassed out.

Mezger was awsome, I agree.

But other than Ken, Id have to say Frank was the best Lions Den fighter.

Frank didn't really blossom as a fighter until after he left the Lion's Den.  His best work in the cage came after forming the Alliance with TK and Mo. 

What killed the Lion's Den was Ken going to WWE and handing the reins over to Frank.  Frank was not interested in staying home and running the team.  He was interested in traveling around, learning from other camps, and expanding his horizons.  They would have fared much better if Ken had turned the team over to someone like Mezger or Telligman. 

William Colosimo - 
GladiatorGannon - All due respect to the great Jerry Bohlander, but you can't take a guy that wrestled for years, give him a year of MMA training, and then claim he just trained for 1 year.

I could be wrong, but I think Jerry's only training experience before the den was high school wrestling. He was the Captain of his team but didn't take the sport real serious from what I remember.

I know Jerry reads the board from time to time, so if Im wrong feel free to correct

I remember hearing or reading somewhere that Bohlander was a state runner up in high school. He lost the state championship match to Tito. Tito seeing him do well in mma is what got Tito into it.

I could be wrong though. My memory isnt what it used to be.

Tito`s never won a State championship.In fact...he was never even a runner-up.Tito didn`t win anything until he was in junior college.

roids?

roids?

ttt for shootfightermike!

CompanyBlue - Lion's Den would have been a good team for years to come if they learned BJJ sooner. I heard they hired some Brazilians to train them but it was way later in the game. They were ahead of their time because they concentrated so much on conditioning when nobody else really was.

That sums it up! Absolutely true.

MIKE CIESNOLEVICZ - 
CompanyBlue - Lion's Den would have been a good team for years to come if they learned BJJ sooner. I heard they hired some Brazilians to train them but it was way later in the game. They were ahead of their time because they concentrated so much on conditioning when nobody else really was.

That sums it up! Absolutely true.

This is a joke or troll. LD guys were doing what BJJ players couldn't. They were beating elite wrestlers, both Jerry and Frank beat good BJJ players, and Mikey destroyed the scourge of the BJJ community.

SgtJustinTeplitz - ttt for shootfightermike!

R.I.P. Bob Shamrock.

Remember when Vernon White got hit by a car and he came on the UG and thanked everyone for writing him letters, etc. Awesome.

Alex Andrade.

Win Eric Davila Submission Art of War - Mano A Mano 7/12/2009 3 3:22

Win Christian Fulgium TKO (Punches) BFC - Bellator Fighting Championships 9 5/29/2009 1 2:01

Loss James Damien Stelly Decision (Unanimous) BFC - Bellator Fighting Championships 3-4 4/17/2009 3 5:00

Win John Troyer Decision (Unanimous) RFL - Proving Ground 7/26/2008 5 5:00

Loss Krzysztof Soszynski DQ (Low Blows) ROC 18 - Ring of Combat 18 3/7/2008 2 4:46

Win Fabiano Capoani TKO (Strikes) AOW - Art of War 3 9/1/2007 2 2:20

Win Brandon McDowell Submission (Ankle Lock) AOW - Art of War 2 5/11/2007 1 1:02

Win Klas Akesson TKO (Punches) AOW - Art of War 1 3/9/2007 2 3:15

Loss Murilo Rua Decision (Unanimous) PRIDE 18 - Cold Fury 2 12/23/2001 3 5:00

Win Yusuke Imamura Submission (Strikes on the Ground) KOTC 7 - Wet and Wild 2/24/2001 1 2:46

Loss Amaury Bitetti DQ (Kicking with Shoes) UFC 26 - Ultimate Field of Dreams 6/9/2000 2 0:43

Win Osami Shibuya Decision (Lost Points) Pancrase - Advance 6 5/12/1998 1 10:00

Win Paul Lazenby TKO WPC - World Pankration Championships 2 1/16/1998 1 N/A

Win Satoshi Hasegawa Decision (Lost Points) Pancrase - Alive 7 6/30/1997 1 10:00

Loss Ricardo Morais Submission (Punches) IAFC - Absolute Fighting Championship 1 11/25/1995 1 1:48

They beat the guys off strength, conditioning, toughness, etc. Once the other guys got strong and in shape, the Lions Den seemed to go on a slump because their technique couldnt keep up. One of the best teams ever regardless.

MIKE CIESNOLEVICZ -  Once the other guys got strong and in shape, the Lions Den seemed to go on a slump because their technique couldnt keep up.

I'm not sure if I agree, Guy Mezger and Jerry Bohlander were both really technical fighters who didn't rely on physical strength to win their fights. Bohlander's guard was excellent and Guy's kickboxing technique was really good. Tra Telligman was a pretty good technical boxer (Igor cited this as a concern when asked about how he had to rapidly change his preparation from shamrock to tra). and of course Frank was SUPER technical. The den had good technique, i just think the lions den went in a slump because the fighters were physically breaking down due to brutal training day in and day out.

ttt

OP could probably use some more links. More links! Phone Post