RIP Brian Gassaway

I just heard the news he passed. He was one of my favorites when I started watching the sport, especially because he always fought at local venues here in Chicago or Indiana. Saw his fight live against Gideon Ray at a Shooto America’s event in Hammond Indiana.

Anyone know how he passed? Either way, RIP Brian.

1 Like

RIP

I apologize

Dude

Brian is old school & so is his identicle twin brother Wes.I remember him from the IFC & WEC.He fought in Pancrase also.

RIP

2 Likes

Looks like Maurice Smith there…but that is Gassaway. He was a tough guy that Pele Landi leg break in Quebec was nuts.

1 Like

It looks alot like Maurice Smith who also fought in Pancrase,but yeah,it is Brian.

1 Like

1 Like

So this photo here. Nate is still fighting, Lytle has his podcast and commentating BKFC…Denis Kang last I heard was in South Korea and had a gym ?? And the ghetto man Joe must be up there are you aware of how any of these guys are these days?

Only Chris because I am a small part of his Lytes Out Podcast.

2 Likes

Dang RIP Brian … seems like we’re losing some of the old school guys in the last couple of years. I just read yesterday that Joe Slick died earlier this year. Sad stuff

1 Like

He’s in Vancouver running a gym

1 Like

OMG… damn! What a awesome individual/fighter!. Rest In Peace Brian🙏🏼

Very sad news Brian was as old school as you could get.

Depression is a tragedy - he apparently took his own life. Shonie was in touch with people. Thoughts and prayers to the family.

2 Likes

RIP

RIP

Rip.

I also read that a Brian caraway

RIP

Sucks man, RIP

Terrible.

RIP.

Respect and RIP