Team Usman prefers Luque over Edwards

[quote=“MasterofMartialArts, post:20, topic:3682805, full:true”]

I don’t think I’d straight up say easier. I just think style-wise, Luque is an easier (and fresh) matchup.

Luque has a great chin but he’s there to be hit much more than Edwards. Usman is working hard to be known as a finisher and between Luque and Edwards, if I had to pick which would more likely go the distance with Usman it would be Edwards. Again, it’s just a style thing.

1 Like

[quote=“Ministry_of_Truth, post:21, topic:3682805, full:true”]

Yeah it’s just that Luque has Chiesa as his best win, who’s biggest win is Neil Magny. But overall I understand what you’re saying.

1 Like

Does Edwards even have a win against anyone in the current top 15 ranking? Except Luque that fight was 4 years ago

It could but my point is more that he should focus more on his drawing power than his opponents.

No, and he’s boring. So its funny how people think he’s being screwed. He can’t finish for shit and is as intriguing as a wet paper bag.

And again, he’s picking opponents that favor outcomes that lead to drawing power. Luque is more likely that opponent than Edwards.

I can even understand picking the easier stylistic matchup but there is still zero chance that Usman vs Luque sells more than Usman vs Leon.

2 Likes

Leon DOES def not deserve a title fight. The dude ducked the Belal rematch, Belal even called him out…

1 Like

Not totally sure if you’re responding to me, but I specified “opponents that favor outcomes that lead to drawing power”, meaning KO/TKO of Luque would make more fans pay attention to Usman next fight than a 5 round decision win over Edwards.

nobody has heard of either

1 Like

neither will sell

1 Like

“Team Usman prefers Luque over Edwards”

Of course they do. Usman would love to just keep fighting his old training partners. Much safer.

Honestly, Usman is not a draw. He’s improving his finishing ability but he’s still a big dud in the other departments … I highly doubt fights with Luque or Edwards will sell well. Both are equally meh in terms of what they offer Usman

1 Like

Not replying specifically to you, more so responding to the general argument of him vs Luque being a better seller

Leon is a level above Vicente and is on a massive winning streak. I don’t know how we are still on this board debating whether or not he deserves it. Yeah he shouldn’t have been so inactive even before COVID, but Colby has also only fought exactly one time since his first fight with Usman. He’s not exactly the most active fighter. To me, Leon sells the fact that he’s a legitimate challenge to Usman. Vicente just isn’t there yet so even though he’s more exciting, I’m not as interested in that matchup.

Nobody has heard of either and neither of them are super well known but one of them got seen by MANY more eyes winning a decision against Nate Diaz.

I really hope Lique can leap frog Edwards

I disagree, I think Edwards is the easier fight and the bigger name, and I’m English and we support our Jamaicans…

of the two for sure Edwards

1 Like

Yes.