TrillerVerz 1 breaks MSG Hulu theater records

The first TrillerVerz event at The Hulu Theater at MSG sold out in 15 minutes, had a gate of $1.5 million, and a peak crowd of 8K inside and 4K outside. This comes via a new Triller Fight Club press release.

First, do you believe them?

Second, are you for or against this promotional mash up style of solid boxing matchups and rap battles between legendary acts on a shared event? The Lox vs Dipset was the battle at the first event?

They seem like they’re doing a great job of creating a product that appeals to younger people who are going to illegally stream it or not watch at all.

2 Likes

Is it really record breaking if it’s limited capacity?

All I know is The Lox killed Dipset by Crocop headkick.

2 Likes

I only watched the boxing part and it sucked.

Limited how? The venue didn’t have COVID restrictions at that point.

Sorry, I thought they were talking about MSG proper.

1 Like

**[quote=“Ozamataz_Buckshank, post:2, topic:3681889, full:true”]
They seem like they’re doing a great job of creating a product that appeals to younger people who are going to illegally stream it or not watch at all.
[/quote]

I feel like they are trying to appeal to both younger and older people. Not sure if they were successful at doing so, but I doubt many young people know who The Lox or Dipset are.

2 Likes

The replay is free: â–· The TrillerVerz: Hunter vs Wilson | Dipset vs The Lox - Official Free Replay - FITE

I actually liked the battle more than the fights. Lox took that easily.

Heck no. I’ve been to Hulu often. It’s way smaller and Sadly PFL championships don’t sell it out. However, I am curious how well they could do in the main building. If this keeps up I would assume that’s the hopeful plan.

Pass