UFC 2; 30 Years Ago Today

I watched those fights and have been a fan ever since. You’re a top of the food chain badass Fred.

1 Like

R I.P. Hollywood video.

At the time, I had no idea how much of an impact renting UFC 2 would have on my life or the world for that matter.

5 Likes

Thanks for remembering with me. I appreciate the kind words.

7 Likes

Man thats so amazing! You wont be forgotten on here! Mad respect! Im gonna rewatch just for you. Its been a minute lol. Thanks for your contributions as a pioneer and sharing here.

3 Likes

eTTTish

1 Like

FreTTTish

Scott Morris convincing us all Ninjitsu was the way with that sick rolling guillotine on Daughterty before being brutalized by Pat Smith is incredible. UFC 2 was a fun event

3 Likes

Haha in 2003 me and 2 friends nearly joined a ninjuitsu school.
But ended up at a place that did Muay Thai and Bjj

Dodged that mcdojo

2 Likes

@BoydBucky

Frat:
Promoter didn’t pay bills
Moved ring several times
A lot of fooking at strip club / gym (Gene’s GF railed by everyone)
Shooting pigeons injured dead ones landing in ring
Shared NinJitsu school
Students got destroyed and needed medical attention
Promoter got sued - or the LLC did
My stomach hurts from remembering/laughing about all this stupid shit (Mike Perry and Sean Strickland would have fit right in)

My old promoter never paid the gym bills so we would have to move the kick-boxing ring every 60 days. He would tell them (landlord) the ring was already loaded and have us move it on a Sunday so the banks weren’t open. Then just never showed back up. All of us training for fights would be getting hounded by the landlord to pay the rent.

Anyway, we had the ring in the back of a strip club. The strippers would come in during their breaks and you can imagine all the fornication that happened. Bills never got paid but there was an understanding if no one messed with Gene the DJs girlfriend everything was fine. Well after that word came out there was basically a hit put out on Gene’s GF to see who could get it first.

So, Gene evicted us and we moved to a meat processing plant and got kicked out for shooting the pigeons. A fighter found a .22 rifle and would spend his workout shooting the pigeons inside. Actually we all shot the birds but that is all he did. There were holes all over the ceiling. Thousands of rounds (every night he would bring in a Federal .22 brick = 1000 rounds). We would be sparring and birds would be falling into the ring injured.

So, after a couple good rains and the plant discovered the stolen .22 we had to move on. Well the promoter found a NinJujitsu school for us to move into. This place was retarded nice and had all the new equipment.

Well our promoter offered to exchange training days to help offset the rent he was never going to pay. So, one night he asked me to work out with these guys in the ring. These were the softest motherfookers I have ever met. Calling timeout and doing rolling techniques.

I have no desire to pick-on someone who can’t fight. Well that was me, the other fighters saw this as an opportunity to get revenge on the White Collar guys. It looked like a blood bath the night we hosted the training. I was stunned that the others got in the ring. They would see the other guys being dragged out and placed on the floor. They still went in.

After that we moved into a bar, but this story is getting too long.

My son and wife are asking me why I’m laughing so hard right now. I think the UG is the only place that could appreciate the stupidity and that World Champions were produced in this shitshow environment.

1 Like

Legend

1 Like

A formative fight of my childhood @Frederick_Ettish, never forgotten here!

2 Likes