UFC doing a good job with PPVs right now

Compared to some of the periods of lackluster PPVs, UFC has put together a really good cluster of PPV/“numbered” cards with UFC 266,267,268, 269 and 270. Not saying I agree with the PPV model in 2021 or the pricing, just saying they have booked a lot of compelling fights for these shows and I look forward to them. Won’t likely watch the early prelims but will be watching the normal prelims and PPV portions of the next four upcoming numbered cards for sure.

UFC still delivers the most entertaining 3-6 hours in all of sports and they usually do it once or twice a month.

UFC 266 Quick Results

UFC 267 Quick Card

y

UFC 268 Quick Card

UFC 269 Quick Card

UFC 270 Quick Card

5 Likes

Agree. I think the PPV model as a whole could do with reform but the PPV cards we have coming up are awesome.

I have bought every paid card except 265 this year and haven’t been too disappointed.

Some good match ups on the free cards too for those that choose to watch

1 Like

You are right about the matchups on the free cards too. Even outside the UFC some good things are happening.

Especially the two weeks that are 10/23 to 11/6. Ya got Costa/Vettori FN, KSW with Pudz, Bellator Russia with Fedor and Minakov, PFL finals, Bellator Dublin with LW title fight, and a ONE and RIZIN card in there too. The ONE and RIZIN cards are very weak and I won’t watch but there is so much to like in these two weeks so who cares. In that time there is 267 and 268 on back to back Sat nights, those are the only cards I’ll watch most of in that time period but there is a lot to like.

1 Like

I looked at the UFC tonight and did not really see anything I was interested in and figured I’d just watch the main event or something and then got reminded Fury Wilder III is tonight. A lot to like about October.

1 Like

Loving your lists too man. I’m not across the other organisations as much so helps put the word out

Rodtang MM is the big one for me outside ufc

Yeah that will be a fun one for sure. I like the Tonon and Bibiano fights on that card too. Its their 10th anniversary show so hopefully they keep stacking that card to make it as big as possible.

1 Like

Guess UFC wanted 2 title fights on 270 and 2 on 269 instead of 3 on 269 and 1 on 270 because the Moreno title fight is moving to 270 plus they just added Masvidal Edwards to 269 and that was the stronger card even outside the title fights.

1 Like

Nm

Adensanya v Whittaker on 270, is it still being worked on? 268 looks the best out of a really good bunch

Looking forward to these but don’t get Viera being on a main card against a guy with a 2-3 UFC record.

That Adesanya fight is gonna headline 271 on 2/12.

2 Likes

That card don’t have a bout order yet with only six fights announced so who knows if it will end up there or not.

Ponzinibbio vs Geof Neal just got added to 269. Take a look at 269, after 267 and 268 looking so interesting you would usually get a dud of a PPV mixed in there after a couple good ones, not this time.

269 has 10 fighters ranked in the top 10 (tapology) and 8 fighters ranked in the top 20 but outside the top ten. Those are tapology global rankings, not even just in the UFC. Thats more top 10 and top 20 fighters than 268 or 267, pretty good indication of a stacked card right there. Even outside of top 20 ranked fighters the card has a barn burner in Ryan Hall vs Darrick Minner, #26 vs #41.

UFC 269 Quick Card

1 Like

UFC also has some great main events on some of these upcoming Fight Night cards.

Costa vs Vettori.
Holloway vs Rodriguez
Aldo vs Font
Lewis vs Daukaus
Kattar vs Chikadze

I have not watched an entire Fight Night in forever but I can’t imagine being a fan of the sport and not wanting to see those Fight Night main events as they are excellent.

2 Likes

I think I am most pumped for the Colby Usman card now.

That said all these leading up are awesome. I’ll always watch the king of rio

I’ll always watch the king of Rio too. Font is such a tough opponent for him in 2021 though. Font is coming off wins over Pettis, Simon, Moraes and Garbrandt in his last four and has never looked better. Hope Aldo finds a way to win.

1 Like

Tough fight for sure. Crazy Aldo actually asked for this fight over a money fight with Cruz.

Phil Hawes vs Chris Curtis just got added to 268. Fantastic fight. What. A. Card.

UFC 268 Quick Card

2 Likes

Guess it shows how much drama people like when there is no buzz here about the ONE GP or for Hawes vs Curtis being added to this exceptional card but everyone is talking about Halwani/Schuab/Callen.

1 Like

Stacked