Joachim Hansen Hates Mainstream UFC...

I agree completely with Hell Boy.

Good Natured Cat -
Kakkarotto_san - Hansen is comparing people like myself, Ryan G, Shinobi Apollo, Gunjin EX, nowaydo, Wasa-B, Daimen Hellstrom, JOB, etc. to people like CRE and Ignar.

You're clearly mistaken, Ignar was a huge Hansen fan

I believe it is his 2nd favorite fighter

Ignar was only a Hansen fan because he hated Aoki so much. Even if he does like Hansen, he is still a retard.

BJ > DORKUS - 
Good Natured Cat -

He can rematch Alvarez, rubber match Aoki, "rematch" Kawajiri

So many better fights outside UFC for him

That's three, all of which are rematches. There's also JZ (another rematch). What are the other fights that make up the "so many" outside the UFC?

It's a bummer. Hansen is one of my favorite fighters and I'd love to see him against a lot of the UFC guys.

ishida, melendez, gomi, uno, kid, the punk, and nick diaz all come to mind.

hansen is a great fighter and yves/hansen was a hell of a fight, but his comments about the ufc are immature imo. just like any other dana rant.

Whatever.

As a fellow Norwegian, I approve his statements!!

jacks furiously

Translation = BJ, Sherk and others would beat me......

I'd say he's absolutely right.

"Like Cro Cop experienced, the results based culture of American sports is just too intimidating for some."

Luckily for GSP, Gonzaga, and Silva they're not intimidated.

thelifecoach - How convenient of him.

Oh, and how predictable that the adolescent community of the UG would find his refusal to fight in the most competitive organization as him being a "true warrior."

And to think that some of you are eligible to vote.

Hansen knows that he would get torn up in the UFC, and uses his ridiculous death metal ethics as an excuse to stay in toy land (Japan)

Like Cro Cop experienced, the results based culture of American sports is just too intimidating for some.
lifecoach has just laid the smackdown on the collective UGers and hellboy. i totally agree.

Hansen is correct. Love this guy and do think he would match up well with all the UFC LWs with the exception of BJ.

We will just have to settle (sarcasm) with Hell Boy facing the likes of Alvarez (rematch), Aoki (Rubbermatch), JZ (rematch), Kawajiri (rematch), Uno, Melendez, Thomson and Shaolin. See MX's list for the rest..

"he's too much of a badass to be appreciated by the average UFC fan"

What a silly, inane thing to say.

you can't argue with him, every pan of the camera at a UFC event proves his point whole heartedly....

WTF are you talking about? If anything Hansen is the kind of fighter that action-crazed UFC fans would really like.

Hansen is one of my favorite fighters, but I would like to see him against the UFC 155'ers. It's a damn shame that it sounds like that will never happen.

Ray Jackson -  Joachim has always struck me as being one of the nicest, classiest and toughest fighters in the world.

So if he says Zuffa treated him and his management like shit...i believe him.

If he says Zuffa doesn't handle negotiations in a professional manner...i believe him.

and did you get this notion from watching youtube videos. GTFO of here.

sounds like a money issue rather than an issue with the fans to me. i think it is very disrespectful of him to label all americans as mainstream fans who will turn on him after a loss, considering most of us here are american fans and have been watching his matches and being a fan of him for many years now.

""The Japanese MMA audience is the best in the world", he says with enthusiasm. "They make magic! I would rather have one true Japanese MMA supporter than one million fake mainstream supporters that will turn their back on you as soon as you lose a fight."  

Excuses excuses. Sounds like he expects to lose.

I don't like his tattoos but I agree with his quotes.

LOL at anyone suggesting Joachim would shy away from the UFC because he cant' hang with the competition.

Your either totally new to the sport or can't handle anything outside of the UFC.

Joachim will fight anyone and loves a big challenge more than anyone.  Maybe try watching his fights.

You should be ashamed for bashing one of the sport's best warriors because he was man enough to stand up for himself.

He's not shying away from speaking out against the biggest and most powerful promotion in the sport, despite the fact that it won't help his career.  You think he is shying away from UFC LWs??  Laughable.