10/16/87 Tyson vs Biggs

This Day in Boxing History October 16, 1987 – "If I don't kill him – it don't count." Mike Tyson said quietly as he, Kevin Rooney and I were leaving the weighin for his fight with Tyrell Biggs. Mike wanted revenge for the years that Biggs was given superior status in the amateur ranks.

Mike was relegated to second class citizenship for two reasons. 1. His professional of boxing was not looked on favorably by the amateur organizations. 2. Cus D'amato was not a fan of the amateur program. Watch closely as Oprah Winfrey appears in shock as Biggs and Mike go crashing through the ropes and headed for her!

boxinghalloffame.com

Link? Phone Post 3.0

Thanks! Phone Post 3.0

Biggs was the Gold Medalist and beat the best Ammy boxer ever in Tefelio Stevenson, a guy people thought would give Ali problems.

Biggs' corner giving the worst advice ever, telling the tall jabber to brawl with Tyson and "he can't fight on the inside". OOF

haha Phone Post 3.0

Bobby Lupo - Biggs was the Gold Medalist and beat the best Ammy boxer ever in Tefelio Stevenson, a guy people thought would give Ali problems.

Biggs' corner giving the worst advice ever, telling the tall jabber to brawl with Tyson and "he can't fight on the inside". OOF
Yeah I didn't know why they were telling the taller man that the shorter man can't fight on the inside! That's the shorter mans game, inside... Phone Post 3.0

Sub'd for later - thanks OP! Phone Post 3.0

The most excited I'd ever been to watch a fight. What a night.