10 mile run one hour and 17 minutes

I moved recently to framingham mass from greenfield. Been very busy the past month and havent been able to run or anything in that time.

So today I decided to try 10 miles, something I havent done in about 6 years.

ma route 9. It has a bunch of half mile of inclines and declines that seem to me decently steep.

Whatcha think of that? I feel thats pretty damn good all things considering.

I also wiegh about 225lbs.

ha if I do this every other day I wont weigh 225 though I bet.

wrong forum sorry

sourcheese

you are a beast dude.

Jesus, that's awesome... An 8 minute mile pace over 10 miles is pretty damn good...

Damn good run!

The big city of Greenfield?  I grew up in Heath and Shelburne Falls.

Ran a 15k (9.3 miles) a week ago in 63 minutes. Went out too fast and was sucking wind at the end. I'm not a distance runner.

thanks man. And icedog it was good meeting you at the oggrandprix. I was a bit hyped up. but in my defense Ill say this. Right before that fight I worked 7pm-7am in a busy as fuck er, then drove to the airport, 3 hours drive, then had 2 flights with a half hour layover each (each flight around 2 hours).. and drove to my hotel... slept maybe... 6 hours tops, then got ready for the fight.I was amped on caffeine and redbull.I just didnt want it to seem like I was going to make excuses if I did loose.

That's a very good run!

Im gonna run more 10 miles I think. I like my new running terittory.

It seems as I get older, distance running is easier. Do they have wieght classes in marathons?

I'd die if I ran 10 miles. LoL.

You will die if you keep running on Route 9 !!

Dude, that's an AWESOME time - nice work cheese!

I once ran the 5 mile Mt. Street Madness down in Hopkington or just south of there. I never ran before. I ran for one month solid and ran it in 37 1/2 minutes. I was excited and have never run since. Hurts the knees.

Awesome time, especially for 225 lbs...

that just makes me feel better. and like I said, most of it was up and down hill. this running area is not flat at all. some of it is fucking steep as shit and goes forever. (to me anyway)

if you know framingham I live on auburn street, took a left, ran all the way, a bit past the audi dealership in natick, down that hill and turned around and ran back.

sourcheese - Im gonna run more 10 miles I think. I like my new running terittory.

It seems as I get older, distance running is easier. Do they have wieght classes in marathons?

No weight classes, just based on your age.

Sourcheese- Some races have whats called a "Clydesdale" division, which is for dudes over 200 lbs. Not all road running races have this division though. Most triathlons do have it.

1.5 MILES IN 8:50..... Promised I'd never run again....

I can't run for shit. I did treadmill yesterday. Start off a 6.5mph to warm up, then alternated between 11mph to 5mph to simulate intervals.