10-minute "smart" city, no cars

All of your daily needs met within a 10 minute walk.

Going to a smart city does not scare me, not being able to leave one would be my key concern.

1 Like

You probably have to subscribe to the delux package for 10 minutes. Then the next tier for $10 is a 20 minute city. Then $5 a month will give you 30. Live there for free and you can travel anywhere in the 1 hour city after watching ads for 30 minutes.

2 Likes

Downtown Manhattan has everything you could want within a 10 minute walk…

You couldn’t pay me to live in that hell hole!

4 Likes

No thanks. I’ll be living out in the country.

2 Likes

Until the robots from the Gates Army come to collect you and if you don’t want to go they will attempt to stuff you in one of these cool new euthanasia pods from Switzerland.

4 Likes

LOL

I can build a 9 minute city!

4 Likes

Who’s got time for a 9 minute city? Come over to my 8 minute city, it’s awesome with half the calories!

1 Like

I for one can’t wait to move into my new pod in a mega city and live like a bee larvae while the super rich live on giant ranches.

1 Like

What happens when all the businesses in that 10min area decide you raise prices by double or triple

Maybe thats how you get your UBI raised?

Cities don’t have hardly anything I want.

2 Likes

I recall a very smart person saying, buy what goes up in value but lease (rent) what depreciates.

I don’t live by it but I understand the simplicity of it.

Not unironically, the name of the new city is ‘Hotel California’ in Korean.

Hear me out, they’re gonna power it by using the humans on hamster wheels or treadmills
black mirror GIF by Product Hunt

1 Like