10 MORE shocking sideshow performers-PT.2

ttt

professor_rob -
IDOHARM -
professor_rob - Very cool. Amazing pic of the skeleton dude. Phone Post 3.0
Have your first green arrow! Phone Post 3.0
Cheers.

Should find stuff on Cheng and Eng the original Siamese twins.

Imagine what it would of been like around 1850's. Without proper medical science to explain these 'Freaks'. Believing that being scared whilst pregnant was a probable cause. No wonder some of the performers got rich, people would of paid a heap for the morbid factor of witnessing them. Phone Post 3.0
I'd considered putting them on the list but I had a set of conjoined twins in part one, the story of those two is fairly interesting though. Phone Post 3.0

Awesome VTFU!

IDOHARM -
professor_rob -
IDOHARM -
professor_rob - Very cool. Amazing pic of the skeleton dude. Phone Post 3.0
Have your first green arrow! Phone Post 3.0
Cheers.

Should find stuff on Cheng and Eng the original Siamese twins.

Imagine what it would of been like around 1850's. Without proper medical science to explain these 'Freaks'. Believing that being scared whilst pregnant was a probable cause. No wonder some of the performers got rich, people would of paid a heap for the morbid factor of witnessing them. Phone Post 3.0
I'd considered putting them on the list but I had a set of conjoined twins in part one, the story of those two is fairly interesting though. Phone Post 3.0
True. I am sure the OG would rather know about conjoined twin girls for research purposes than farming orientals... Phone Post 3.0

The Pt Barnum mansion is next door to where my wife works in Downtown Bridgeport, and PT Barnum' s grave isn't far. If I get out tomorrow, I'll try to take pics.

VTFU again IDOHARM

What's the thread to the first one? Phone Post 3.0

IDOHARM - 6. Isaac W. Sprague, The Human Skeleton

Isaac Sprague, born in Massachusetts in 1841, was by all accounts a normal boy—at least until he got to the age of 12, when he began rapidly losing weight. Before long, his muscle mass had essentially dropped to nil, with his doctors being unable to explain exactly why (his condition was listed by at least one as “extreme progressive muscular atrophy”). At the age of 24, incapable of working any other jobs, he joined the sideshow.

Sprague worked with P.T. Barnum on and off throughout his career, working at Barnum’s American Museum and sometimes going on tour with him when he found himself low on money, which was apparently quite frequently. (He had three sons and was rumored to have a gambling problem as well.)

At the age of 44, Sprague was officially measured by a doctor and found to be five feet six inches tall while weighing a mere 43 pounds. He died two years later of asphyxiation, probably as a result of his condition. As a result of Sprague’s popularity, “living skeleton” acts became common at many sideshows. Phone Post 3.0

A young Kiplin Dynamite's "before" picture, courtesy of Rex Kwon Do Martial Arts Academy.

CarbonKid_24 - What's the thread to the first one? Phone Post 3.0

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/thread/2385128/13-Most-Shocking-Sideshow-Performers-In-History/?&page=1

CavRyda -
CarbonKid_24 - What's the thread to the first one? Phone Post 3.0

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/thread/2385128/13-Most-Shocking-Sideshow-Performers-In-History/?&page=1

Thanks Phone Post 3.0

Vulva Fabulous - The Pt Barnum mansion is next door to where my wife works in Downtown Bridgeport, and PT Barnum' s grave isn't far. If I get out tomorrow, I'll try to take pics.

VTFU again IDOHARM

Returned in kind, thank you for stopping by! Phone Post 3.0

. Phone Post 3.0

In Phone Post 3.0

IDOHARM -
Vulva Fabulous - The Pt Barnum mansion is next door to where my wife works in Downtown Bridgeport, and PT Barnum' s grave isn't far. If I get out tomorrow, I'll try to take pics.

VTFU again IDOHARM

Your transformation from antagonist to amazing OGer is mind bottling bro.

I won't go to fat onto it, but you've earned my respect more than you realize bro and I consider you a friend. Phone Post 3.0

Vulva Fabulous -
IDOHARM -

VTFU again IDOHARM

Your transformation from antagonist to amazing OGer is mind bottling bro.

I won't go to fat onto it, but you've earned my respect more than you realize bro and I consider you a friend. Phone Post 3.0
Ditto! Phone Post 3.0

IDOHARM - 10. General Tom Thumb

Charles Sherwood Stratton, better known as General Tom Thumb, is one of the most famous little person sideshow performers in history. Young Charles stopped growing at approximately two feet tall.

At the age of four, he was discovered by P.T. Barnum himself (actually a relative of the Strattons) and quickly became a member of Barnum’s circus. For the next 40 years, until his death in 1883, Charles had wild successes as General Tom Thumb (earning a fortune that would make him a millionaire today—he even bailed out Barnum’s circus at one point), and married another little person, Lavinia Warren (a.k.a. “Mrs. Tom Thumb”), which earned him a reception at the White House care of President Abraham Lincoln.

Although he started growing again later in life, he was only just barely over three feet tall. Even after his death, Stratton’s doctors were never able to pinpoint the exact cause of his dwarfism. Phone Post 3.0
Cool thread op vtfu Phone Post 3.0

I don't understand the man with two faces...was he wearing a prosthetic?

VTFU btw Phone Post 3.0

Mulletron5000 - I don't understand the man with two faces...was he wearing a prosthetic?

VTFU btw Phone Post 3.0
He'd wear a prosthetic before revealing his true self, the shock value would have been something else in a time before the internet. Phone Post 3.0

General Tom thumb is a bad ass Phone Post 3.0

Blue Duck - 
IDOHARM - 6. Isaac W. Sprague, The Human Skeleton

Isaac Sprague, born in Massachusetts in 1841, was by all accounts a normal boy—at least until he got to the age of 12, when he began rapidly losing weight. Before long, his muscle mass had essentially dropped to nil, with his doctors being unable to explain exactly why (his condition was listed by at least one as “extreme progressive muscular atrophy”). At the age of 24, incapable of working any other jobs, he joined the sideshow.

Sprague worked with P.T. Barnum on and off throughout his career, working at Barnum’s American Museum and sometimes going on tour with him when he found himself low on money, which was apparently quite frequently. (He had three sons and was rumored to have a gambling problem as well.)

At the age of 44, Sprague was officially measured by a doctor and found to be five feet six inches tall while weighing a mere 43 pounds. He died two years later of asphyxiation, probably as a result of his condition. As a result of Sprague’s popularity, “living skeleton” acts became common at many sideshows. Phone Post 3.0

A young Kiplin Dynamite's "before" picture, courtesy of Rex Kwon Do Martial Arts Academy.

I think I could take him