10% Of 'March For Our Lies" Protesters Were Teens

Another MSM narrative shattered.

But the children are going to change the world...MUH MUH MUH

http://www.breitbart.com/2nd-amendment/2018/03/28/study-10-d-c-march-lives-protesters-teenagers/

Research by University of Maryland sociologist Dana R. Fisher has revealed that about than 10% of the participants in the main “March for Our Lives” anti-gun protest in Washington, DC, on Saturday were under 18 years old.

The average age of participants, Fisher said, was “just under 49 years old.”

Fisher, who is studying the demographic makeup of the so-called “Resistance” to President Donald Trump, published an op-ed in the Washington Post on Wednesday morning summarizing her findings:

Contrary to what’s been reported in many media accounts, the D.C. March for Our Lives crowd was not primarily made up of teenagers. Only about 10 percent of the participants were under 18. The average age of the adults in the crowd was just under 49 years old, which is older than participants at the other marches I’ve surveyed but similar to the age of the average participant at the Million Moms March in 2000, which was also about gun control.

About one in four participants were at their first political rally. However, Fisher says, they were not even motivated by gun control:

Even more interesting, the new protesters were less motivated by the issue of gun control. In fact, only 12 percent of the people who were new to protesting reported that they were motivated to join the march because of the gun-control issue, compared with 60 percent of the participants with experience protesting.

Good. That means 90% of them can vote.

Death Star -

For what?

Al Cappucino - 
Death Star -

For what?

a single centralized government weapon that can deal with any rebelious scum

Pretjah -
Al Cappucino - 
Death Star -

For what?

LOL

It was basically everyone from the woman's march with different thirts and banners.

LMFAO!

most teens really don’t give a shit. Those that participated mostly wanted to get out of school 

Pretjah -
Al Cappucino - 
Death Star -

For what?

It's probably unwise to mock the religion of someone who can strangle you to death with their mind

Sogsteel - It was basically everyone from the woman's march with different thirts and banners.

This is quite possibly accurate as hell

Sogsteel - It was basically everyone from the woman's march with different thirts and banners.

legit lol

Is this fake news or real news?? I can never tell anymore 

Mr Spliff -

It's Breitbart.

got em bro!

If This Were Aposiopetic -
Mr Spliff -

It's Breitbart.

University of Maryland 

Trust -

I know Kyle Kashuv wasn't there

This Kid is standing strong against the thugs.

I was in DC for a conference (lucky me) and we present at the March. While I don't agree with the tenants for the demonstration, the crowd was far more than 10% youth. No, I don't have figures, but much more than 1/10th of the crowd were school aged children.

Stupid. They kids are misguided in this, but don't downplay their presence there.

Jack Carter -

LMFAO!

most teens really don’t give a shit. Those that participated mostly wanted to get out of school 

I have a senior in HS. He says most of his school is on the pro 2nd side. And that they could really care less. Oh, and we're in FL

Billco - I was in DC for a conference (lucky me) and we present at the March. While I don't agree with the tenants for the demonstration, the crowd was far more than 10% youth. No, I don't have figures, but much more than 1/10th of the crowd were school aged children.

Stupid. They kids are misguided in this, but don't downplay their presence there.

must of took forever to count

"By snaking through the crowd and sampling every fifth person at designated increments within the staging area, we are able to gather a field approximation of a random sample."

She was referring to her and her team here and how they chose to select participants.

Clearly, this was far from a scientific study - that is not how you objectively measure the demographics of a large collection of people. Not to mention that the fact no margin of error was presented.

Of course, I wasn't there nor have I seen any extensive footage to say that her findings were false, but her research methods are questionable. And oh yes, outside of her op-ed in the Post, only conservative news sources seem to be carrying this story. Yeah, I know, the left media won't carry it because it doesn't serve their agenda yadda yadda, but clearly the right is because it serves theirs.

camicorn at his best with more biased and misleading info