10 Reasons why Nick Diaz will defeat GSP

ITT: Diaz gets overated so much people actually think he is on GSP's level.

One fighter has fought and beat the very best fighters in history. The other...eh not so much lol.

Humor us all and post both records. I need a good laugh.

Diaz = big fish in a small pond.

OP has actually a very good analysis

I'm still picking GSP to win though

1 The Fans
thats right the fans have put so much pressure on GSP to finish a fight he will leave himself open for a KO or sub. When everyone knows he could grind out another snooze fest and get the win

11. dreaming. Op was dreaming when he wrote the article. Nick Diaz has always been a fighter I enjoyed watching. He is tough, unorthodox, talented, bad ass and fights to finish. On these merits, I agree with OP. However, he is fighting GSP. Diaz is going to get schooled. He is attempting to beat a fighter who is on a completely different level than he is. The Diaz hype train will be derailed. The OP's ten reasons are more like 3-4 reasons said different ways. Not one of the 3-4 rephrased reasons is strong enough to take out GSP. Lastly, if this was truly an article and not just a post, OP should learn grammar, sentence structure and tense. Otherwise, a whimsical read, thanks OP. Phone Post

GSP can breeze right through Diaz if he pushes the pace, but if the Shields fight shows me anythin, GSP has either too much respect for an opponents strengths or/and over hypes it. He could of stormed on Shields at any point in the second or third before his eye was poked, but he seemed very heistant.

In all of GSP's fights, he does the opposite of what his opponent is good at. He strikes wrestlers, and wrestles strikers. Hardy, he wrestled, same for Alves.. Penn's love for stand up,striker, so he outwrestled, then went to pressure on standup a little more. Then Hughes, Sheilds, Kos, Fitch, he did alot more striking.

Shields though, in that fight, they kept mentionin an improved stand up game, and I think GSP didnt want to test it. He admits ot playin safe, but as we can see, when he is confused on what to do, he doesnt push the pace as much. And I think this is why Diaz can break him.

Nick has good stand up and wiull keep comin at you, this will most likely make GSP want to go for a ground game approach, but as we saw with Jake, he has no desire to wrestler top jits. Nick has that, and I think GSP will be lost in the stride of things. I think this battle will test a more mental approach to Georges game since he has lost to Serra and playin the game safe, since Diaz will not back off.

And hes from stockton Phone Post

Haven't watched a live UFC in a few years. I'll be sittin close to the cage with my brother for this one. Can't wait. I'll be rooting for Diaz in this fight. But I'm a fan of both.

I think GSP has the edge though, but I agree that Diaz abilities might cause GSP to hesitate or choose a game plan that Diaz will capitalize on. This one I predict the fans win :) Phone Post

Can't wait to see GSP dominate AGAIN. Phone Post

solaris9 - Haven't watched a live UFC in a few years. I'll be sittin close to the cage with my brother for this one. Can't wait. I'll be rooting for Diaz in this fight. But I'm a fan of both.

I think GSP has the edge though, but I agree that Diaz abilities might cause GSP to hesitate or choose a game plan that Diaz will capitalize on. This one I predict the fans win :) Phone Post

Quotin myself cause I can with the newly updated iphone app. :)

And thanks for finally fixing the fucking paragraphs problem. That was my BIGGEST pet pieve. Phone Post

should be a fairly easy fight for GSP.

Since the fact remains that Diaz has never beaten a top 10 opponent I dont see how anyone in their right mind can say with any certainty that he's going to jump HUGE levels in competition and beat GSP.

Will be a quick finish for GSP.

lol, Diaz is really not that good. There's a reason he avoided wrestlers for the last few years.

Blizass - GSP wins all day thanks to nick and his cool raise your hands up and taunt... GSP takes the opening with a jab to the nose all night... GSP then times a switch kick to the head. Night night Diaz.

I'm pretty sure GSP is going to win this fight too, but you're high on horse glue if you think he's outstriking Diaz.

Very interesting match-up. GSP will be threatened everywhere, but he has great posture I don't see him getting wrapped up in an armbar or triangle from Nick's guard. I think GSP will target the scar tissue on Nicks face and bust him up with some elbows, possibly getting a doctors stoppage.

That being said, I thought your little article was pretty good, not as biased as I expected it to be.

If Diaz beats GSP it wouldn't be the first upset we have seen in the sport but it would be an upset. GSP is heavily favored and obviously the better fighter. Dope Diaz is lucky he got a shot.

Here's one reason... I think he's better and more well rounded. That will usually win a fight I think. Phone Post

FSMA - One fighter has fought and beat the very best fighters in history. The other...eh not so much lol.

Humor us all and post both records. I need a good laugh.

If you know anything about MMA then you would know records are deceiving. Diaz has lost by split decision twice, unanimous decision 3 times, once by cut and his first loss was a legit ref stoppage but he wasn't out. He has faced some decent competition of his own. Everyone hating seems to overlook the fact I mentioned GSP may win by decision or a cut. I'm just trying to open up your eyes people, this is MMA, anything can happen. How about that Matt Serra anyway??? GSP is a great fighter but some of you need to jump off his nuts long enough to see that he will be tested more than you think.

Good effort OP. Coming from a GSP fanboy, I must be honest Diaz's boxing has me worried. That being said his bottom game would give almost anyone problems except for GSP and that is where the fight will end up. However, Diaz won't gas or give up and this is why everyone wins with this fight. Phone Post

GSP also has a nice crisp jab as he showed in the Koscheck fight. Although Nick has a reach advantage. Phone Post