10 Things We Learned From UFC 124

After that owning, did Koscheck have any other choice BUT to be "humble in defeat"? That surely doesn't make him "not such a bad guy."

lol Math fail for me, I had just woke up.

TheClips - After that owning, did Koscheck have any other choice BUT to be "humble in defeat"? That surely doesn't make him "not such a bad guy."

Nice post Kostakio, agree on all counts- good analysis

Something to keep in mind about Mark Bocek is that he just had a very contentious
decision loss to Jim Miller who is one of the best guys in the decision. A Sotiropoulos
fight could be pretty competitive.

I was thinking that the Pierson/Riddle fight could have been 29-27 with the first
round being 10-8. But I think 30-26 was probably more appropriate.

I think Struve should be matched up against Nog, Mir, or Rothwell in his next fight.

Mac Danzig impressed me. He hasn't really looked that good since he beat Mark
Bocek a couple years ago. It's good to know he isn't done.

You forgot:

We learned that Kostakio cant count to 10.

jkennedy - 
Kostakio - We learned that pressing the action in a fight doesn't always matter to the judges. They scored the fight 30-27 for Sean Pierson against Matt Riddle.

huh? Shadow boxing doesn't score points nor does it make you the aggressor.
seemed to work for garcia

^this!^ Crustaceo has smarts for MMA writin imhNo... Phone Post

Damn you mountain medic! Phone Post

Kostakio - We learned that pressing the action in a fight doesn't always matter to the judges. They scored the fight 30-27 for Sean Pierson against Matt Riddle.

1. Let Bocek beat Danzig before calling out top contenders.

2. WTF was Riddle doing? Wasn't even close to landing 98% of those shots.

3. Struve was in real trouble early, he's not a top contender.

4. Did someone remind Kos that he was getting his ass kicked and was down 4-0. This is the last shot your gonna have at GSP, go for fucking broke man.

Struve...he is 6'11" and has no idea he should be using his range during the stand up. Time after time I see him let shorter fighters (i.e. roy nelson) get inside on him and hurt him. He could take a lesson out of GSP's book and learn how to use the jab effectively and maybe some front kicks if he felt like mixing it up. I laugh when I hear Rogan say he has dangerous muay thai, maybe if he clinched with people when they got close and kneed them id believe that. He has a lot of heart though, ill give him that, just needs to use his range more effectively, IMHO

Damasta Shonuff - You forgot:

We learned that Kostakio cant count to 10.
lol Finally someone caught it. I was out of stuff to write so I just said "screw it" and left it at 9. I thought the first poster would've been all over that. Voted up!

Greg Southworth -  ^this!^ Crustaceo has smarts for MMA writin imhNo... Phone Post
Craig is correct!

The hip bump has always been the highest percentage sweep in MMA. People used to do it all the time in Pride but from some reason it's been less used lately, and it took a kickboxer with basic bjj skills to remind everyone.

Furthermore, not only is the sweep effective, but its very safe if it doesnt work and it combines well with other moves, eg. the kimura that Doerkson almost got.

LOL