10 Year anniversary flooded by hurricane Irene

de braco - I the heaviest I ever weighed myslef was in 1997 I was 270 lbs. I'm sure I was heavier at some point but I was allergic to scales. I had size 46 jeans and only make 5'10" with the right footwear. I'm thinking I never got to 300 but I may have been closer than I should  been 

compared to

I'm walking around on either side of 220lbs these days with a bum ankle and some wonky knees. Usually I'm walking around 205 which made making 185 very easy for me without ever engaging in drastic cutting. I've never missed weight for competitions and once made 177. I don't like how my joints feel any lower than 180. I began training in Gymnastics at age 30 in 2003 and was eventually hired as an instructor in 2009. I learned a lot about the trade offs between weight, strength, flexibility and joint stability. I feel this might be one of the most important lessons any athlete has to learn about themselves.

Listen to me go on ....

Joe Riggs and Ricco Rodriguez were both bigger weight loss champs IMNSHO.

I am the guy with the annoying signature though. I'm sure I can find it in a little while. Excuse me I have some parenting to do.

TTT 4 ole school Eddy

Look what I found ... the old signature

Eddy Rolon ¬ (formerly screen name nhbnj)

1999 NAGA Intermediate Super Heavyweight Champion & 2000 Fighter of the Year

2000 ISFA Northeast Regional Shootfighting Superheavyweight Champion & Heavyweight Champion

A 2000 IFC Heavyweight Tournament Champion

2001 IFC Battleground Heavyweight Champion

Eddy- from all accounts, you seem like a great guy, and I wish you the best in your endeavors.

Have you ever thought about associating yourself with a BJJ association? With your extensive time in MMA, you would have been a black belt by now- had you done it when you first started your gyms.

Do you think this would assist in attracting even more students to your school?

I'm just asking, because I've always been interested in the business side of running MMA/grappling/bjj schools.

Your school seems to be one of the few that I know that have seemed to run independent of other associations.

PS- I loved that old signature. Please bring it back- seriously!

Bring it back

a great moment of reffing.

2000 ISFA Northeast Regional Shootfighting Superheavyweight Champion & Heavyweight Champion

Eddy  Rolon by footlock >  Kaream Ellington by TKO>  Kenichi Yamamoto by decision>  Daiju Takase by Triangle>  Anderson Silva

How do I add I subbed a guy who TKO'd a guy who decisioned a guy who triangled Anderson Silva to my signature?

Weak sauce, I know. Still something to tell my grandkids ... because my own kids don't care. 

test

Ttt for a fellow Jersey guy. Phone Post

Thanks 

"Jersey more than Exits on the Turnpike"

Eddy is one of the greatest people in this sport.

He doesn't remember me i bet, but i met Eddy Rolon at a pre-Grapplers Quest tournament run by Brian Cimmins in Lyndhurst at a local school in 1998 that both of us competed in.

I believe i also have video of him competing that day, i know i have my matches. I know i definitely have pictures that he is in.

Great guy and mad old school.

This sucks to hear, I trained there for about 6 months when I was a younger lad. They all instantly took the youngest kid there under their wing and helped as instructors, training partners and friends. Great place, great instructors (don't know if Tom Velasquez (sp?) is still there) but none better than Eddy. I would jump at this opportunity if I still lived in the area. If your interested in training with a great team then you MUST take advantage of this offer there is no better place in the world to train. If I ever move back I'm definitely going back.

Eddy, really sorry to hear about the flooding. You probably don't remember but you met my baby sister when I signed up (with my mom, I was 16) and you had been her gym teacher. Small world.

3t's!!

Eddy Rolon -  Thanks 

"Jersey more than Exits on the Turnpike"

Damn right! 8a though, for those keeping score at home lol Phone Post

billyball2 - No but just like sparring it is highly encouraged.

Kirik - Thanks ... for the pressure. Where can I get someone to make a triple life size staue of me on short notice. I'm sure at least 11 people might reflect and then agree that you may have affected some postive efftects on combat sports.  I'll ask around see if I can  bump that figure up a bit.

I really appreciate the sticky.

SlapUsilly - You  might very well have my first grappling match. I lost to another old schooler Shaz by points ... possible highlight - Me wall walking my way out of a guillotine without damaging the woodpaneling or Drywall.

I would love to have a copy of tha video or pix hint hint ... but no wink wink. 

If you are ever in the area of Teterboro please stop by. Anyone who thinks I'm a great guy and has evidence of my old schoolness is worth knowing.

TheOne - I thinking Chris from Pequannock. Where are you now? 

Yes, Tom is still here, still . You bring up valid points about this place being awesome, I won't try to argue. 

We hope to get you back. You have a future in maketing and if I remember you kick hard. If this is the wrong guy ... I'll make believe this wasn't awkward.