1000 lb club goal

I'm currently 39. I'll be 40 in a couple of months. Always been fairly thin and a hardgainer. I'm setting a goal to hit the 1000 lb club by my 41st bday. Currently bench 225, squat 245 and dl 315. I'm 5'10" and 168 lbs. What do you think the odds are of me reaching my goal?

Idk if you can do it in a year but you could definitely do it.

That's disheartening.

Only one way to find out buddy!

Calling yourself a hardgainer is defeatist bullshit. Eat more. A lot more. Squat 3 times per week. You can get to 1000 in 3 months. 

1 Like

Read this:

http://www.barbellmedicine.com/584-2/

Good info. Need more.

So have you hit this milestone yet?

1 Like
cycklops -

So have you hit this milestone yet?

Herniated a disc at L5/S1 about 4 months ago. Lost feeling in half of my right leg and foot and my calf wasn’t working. I’ve got the feeling back and my calf works again. But, I had to stop lifting since then. Sucks, but I’m just trying to get back to normal. I’m working out again. Just body weight though. Hitting 40 sucks.

Before I jacked my back up I was at 245 bench, 275 squat and 400 dL. So, I got fairly close. What can you do?

1800champagne -

Read this:

http://www.barbellmedicine.com/584-2/

Love barbell medicine.  Those guys are great at busting out the actual data that supports and doesn't support so many bro science myths and truths. 

I enjoy their honesty.

Hilldo -

Before I jacked my back up I was at 245 bench, 275 squat and 400 dL. So, I got fairly close. What can you do?

I’m hovering around 280 bench, 310 squat, 415 dead. Actually throwing around the idea of a meet. Obviously not gonna beat anyone but just to say I did it and beat a PR

cycklops -
Hilldo -

I’m hovering around 280 bench, 310 squat, 415 dead. Actually throwing around the idea of a meet. Obviously not gonna beat anyone but just to say I did it and beat a PR

Good luck. I fucked my back up pretty good. 10 years of riding on a boat in rough seas has taken a toll on me. 

If you only squat 20 lbs more than you bench that tells me you basically never do legs, or are just never doing it properly. If you want that total to rise youre gonna need to squat more. 2-3 times a week ideally. 

1 Like

I didn’t pay attention to the dates of the post haha (facepalm)

1 Like

Insert the principal from billy Madison clip here

Nonsense. Heavy back squatting yes, but the squat is the most important athletic movement in the weight room for a vast majority of athletes.

You’re a husky fat, aren’t you.

Every guy who only pulls is fat and lazy lol.

1 Like

Dude, you have absolutely no fucking clue what you are talking about. You clearly have no idea about training, coaching, or athletic performance. Just stop

1 Like