14 shootings in Toronto over long weekend

17 people suffer gunshot wounds in Toronto over long weekend

CBC News · Posted: Aug 05, 2019

A total of 17 people were left with gunshot wounds over the long weekend.

Thirty-three per cent of those incidents happened in the northwest end of the city, Saunders said.

Along with the nightclub shooting in suburban North York, the incidents included:

A Sunday morning shooting at an Airbnb-rented mansion on the Bridle Path, an upscale residential area in North York, that left one person injured.

Gunshots in Liberty Village, a condo-dominated area of downtown, that left one male victim with non-life-threatening injuries.

Two victims injured at the busy downtown intersection of Church and Adelaide streets.

Two victims shot in the area of Dufferin Street and Lawrence Avenue West, in the city's northwest end.

Mayor renews call for handgun ban

On Monday, Mayor John Tory released a statement calling the recent rash of gun violence "absolutely unacceptable."

"I know Toronto police are working non-stop to find those responsible for these shootings and to bring them to justice," Tory said. "I urge anyone with information that could help investigators solve these shootings to call police or Crime Stoppers."

Tory also repeated his calls for a handgun ban. City council debated a handgun ban in June, despite the fact different levels of government have to be involved.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/north-york-club-shooting-1.5236497

Thanks a lot, Trump

When you take a serious look at violent crime in Toronto, its almost exclusively a black on black issue, concentrated around public housing complexes.

Then you factor in Mayor John Tory and Chief Mark Saunders prohibiting "carding" by the Toronto Police....

Let me be clear, if the politicians and bureaucrats let Gang Task Force police loose on the Toronto housing projects, it would be infinatly more effective than any community police or gun control measure.

Stache -

17 people suffer gunshot wounds in Toronto over long weekend

CBC News · Posted: Aug 05, 2019

A total of 17 people were left with gunshot wounds over the long weekend.

Thirty-three per cent of those incidents happened in the northwest end of the city, Saunders said.

Along with the nightclub shooting in suburban North York, the incidents included:

A Sunday morning shooting at an Airbnb-rented mansion on the Bridle Path, an upscale residential area in North York, that left one person injured.

Gunshots in Liberty Village, a condo-dominated area of downtown, that left one male victim with non-life-threatening injuries.

Two victims injured at the busy downtown intersection of Church and Adelaide streets.

Two victims shot in the area of Dufferin Street and Lawrence Avenue West, in the city's northwest end.

Mayor renews call for handgun ban

On Monday, Mayor John Tory released a statement calling the recent rash of gun violence "absolutely unacceptable."

"I know Toronto police are working non-stop to find those responsible for these shootings and to bring them to justice," Tory said. "I urge anyone with information that could help investigators solve these shootings to call police or Crime Stoppers."

Tory also repeated his calls for a handgun ban. City council debated a handgun ban in June, despite the fact different levels of government have to be involved.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/north-york-club-shooting-1.5236497

tory is the most useless and most corrupt baby kissing politician that toronto has ever known. 

he apparently is 'fun' as my friends brother in law partied with him but he's pretty useless. 

church and adelaide is slightly seedy at night, a lot of druggies and homeless. dufferin lawrence is a crappy area so no suprise. the 'west' north york area is probably jane and finch area or driftwood. . 

liberty village and the bridal path shootings are an anomoly, but the prior probably involves drunkeness and drug use, while the bridal path, who knows? 

PelosiesPanties - 
SeattlesbigDprolapsedME - Thanks a lot, Trump

Get it together, it's "Thanks GW Bush"

It doesn't matter. The real issue is how horrible these Canadians are at shooting guns. 14 shootings and not a single death has to be some sort of record in itself.

yusul,

I agree about Tory. He doesn't appear to have any backbone whatsoever and is more concerned with his gold plated pension and who knows what other deals he's worked out.

The Bridle Path shooting was actually a AirBNB party gone wrong. Apparently there's one house owned by a foreigner who has been out of country for a while and his place has been hosting huge parties regularly. The latest one got out of hand.

effinggoof - When you take a serious look at violent crime in Toronto, its almost exclusively a black on black issue, concentrated around public housing complexes.

Then you factor in Mayor John Tory and Chief Mark Saunders prohibiting "carding" by the Toronto Police....

Let me be clear, if the politicians and bureaucrats let Gang Task Force police loose on the Toronto housing projects, it would be infinatly more effective than any community police or gun control measure.

Has there been an increase in shootings and crime in recent years?

Does that graph mimic an increase in any specific immigrants into Canada?

effinggoof - When you take a serious look at violent crime in Toronto, its almost exclusively a black on black issue, concentrated around public housing complexes.

"When you take a serious look at violent crime in Toronto, its almost exclusively a black on black issue, concentrated around public housing complexes."

Whew, so nothing to worry about then, right?

theres crime in canada?

An Air BnB on the Bridle Path? Man, those resident must be pissed. That's basically the most upscale enclave in the city. Billionaires live there.

I agree but that's not happening as long as we have activists like Desmond Cole being given air time.  He was the main voice responsible for having carding cancelled, which is ridiculous.  I was carded at least a dozen times back in the 80s-90s just for being in an area where a B&E or other crime had been reported. It wasn't racial then. 

Cole was also responsible for having police pulled from high schools a few years ago.  

His future plans for the city are even more concerning, and he wants to run for mayor so he's going to push for further de-policing practices in the near future.  This weekend will only become more common as police become less proactive. 

ABCTT_GROUNDnLB -

An Air BnB on the Bridle Path? Man, those resident must be pissed. That's basically the most upscale enclave in the city. Billionaires live there.

Yeah I can only imagine.  I used to work in that area like 20 years ago and got to know some of the owners.  If it can happen there, nowhere's safe. 

Maybe they should ban automatic assault rifles and all shootings will stop

effinggoof - When you take a serious look at violent crime in Toronto, its almost exclusively a black on black issue, concentrated around public housing complexes.

This seems familar..........

Ony 17? Hold my beer

- Chicago

Jesus, if major cities would just take the gloves off regarding gangs, the murder rate would plummet..... of course after it soared from taking out the gangs.

But seriously, this is 99% gang shit. Just fucking go in and take the gloves off and society would be a much better place.

sparkyman - 

Jesus, if major cities would just take the gloves off regarding gangs, the murder rate would plummet..... of course after it soared from taking out the gangs.

But seriously, this is 99% gang shit. Just fucking go in and take the gloves off and society would be a much better place.

So go into Chicago and racially profile citizens?

Liberals would lose their minds

Highest concentration of yutes in the country...

Shocking !

I lived near ossington station for a while and the 12 year old bloods lived on my street.

We also played ball at a few rec centers that im not sure white people ever visited before, judging by the reception we got.

This one time at harbor front, i stepped out into the -17 to smoke a blunt betweeen games and witnessed a hilarious 2 on 1 yute confrontation.

It was something like " yo guy, mans an nem say you hittin shirley guy, yo dats my cousin guy, imma lump your face fuck boi" 

And then the jumping commenced. 

Things was tho that everyone was wearing giant ass winter coats with huge hoods and extra hoodies underneath.

Pillow bodies were absorbing the pillow fists and feet with great efficiency.

They put homie down and he kept popping back up like one of those punching bag clowns, talking more and more shit each time, till everyone gassed, promised to shoot each other, and then went their separate ways.