14 shootings in Toronto over long weekend

FrontBroRian - 
sparkyman - 

Jesus, if major cities would just take the gloves off regarding gangs, the murder rate would plummet..... of course after it soared from taking out the gangs.

But seriously, this is 99% gang shit. Just fucking go in and take the gloves off and society would be a much better place.

So go into Chicago and racially profile citizens?

Liberals would lose their minds

Sadly, I don’t think this works unless you kill them. Rounding up a ton of gang members and putting them away for a year or two does nothing but make them worse.

Stache -
effinggoof - When you take a serious look at violent crime in Toronto, its almost exclusively a black on black issue, concentrated around public housing complexes.

Then you factor in Mayor John Tory and Chief Mark Saunders prohibiting “carding” by the Toronto Police…

Let me be clear, if the politicians and bureaucrats let Gang Task Force police loose on the Toronto housing projects, it would be infinatly more effective than any community police or gun control measure.

I agree but that’s not happening as long as we have activists like Desmond Cole being given air time.  He was the main voice responsible for having carding cancelled, which is ridiculous.  I was carded at least a dozen times back in the 80s-90s just for being in an area where a B&E or other crime had been reported. It wasn’t racial then. 

Cole was also responsible for having police pulled from high schools a few years ago.  

His future plans for the city are even more concerning, and he wants to run for mayor so he’s going to push for further de-policing practices in the near future.  This weekend will only become more common as police become less proactive. 

i’m not a fan in police in general, but carding works. it can be seen as racist, so we have a choice: more people carded who don’t deserve it, or more deaths. seems like cole prefers more deaths.  i believe ny made the opposite choice. 

ranier wolfcastle -

theres crime in canada?

Oh fuck yeah bud! 

During the Maple Syrup heist it was total fuckery up in these parts der. 

The whold world is going nuts!

yusul - 
Stache -
effinggoof - When you take a serious look at violent crime in Toronto, its almost exclusively a black on black issue, concentrated around public housing complexes.

Then you factor in Mayor John Tory and Chief Mark Saunders prohibiting “carding” by the Toronto Police…

Let me be clear, if the politicians and bureaucrats let Gang Task Force police loose on the Toronto housing projects, it would be infinatly more effective than any community police or gun control measure.

I agree but that’s not happening as long as we have activists like Desmond Cole being given air time.  He was the main voice responsible for having carding cancelled, which is ridiculous.  I was carded at least a dozen times back in the 80s-90s just for being in an area where a B&E or other crime had been reported. It wasn’t racial then. 

Cole was also responsible for having police pulled from high schools a few years ago.  

His future plans for the city are even more concerning, and he wants to run for mayor so he’s going to push for further de-policing practices in the near future.  This weekend will only become more common as police become less proactive. 

i’m not a fan in police in general, but carding works. it can be seen as racist, so we have a choice: more people carded who don’t deserve it, or more deaths. seems like cole prefers more deaths.  i believe ny made the opposite choice. 

If police aren’t going to card and be proactive about crime, then allow people to defend themselves. Otherwise this city is going to descend into a violent shithole in very short order as gangs become more prevalent. Especially when you factor in the exponential population growth they’re expecting.

^hard to say, gangs may not become more prevalent. this is the global soyboy and fortnite generation. i don't think we'll become chicago. 

14 shootings on Caribana weekend and 0 deaths? That's a fucking win.

Nearly all the shootings happened at Caribana events or after-parties. No one who lives in this city should be shocked by the correlation between Caribana and gun violence.

AlxinTO - 

14 shootings on Caribana weekend and 0 deaths? That's a fucking win.

Nearly all the shootings happened at Caribana events or after-parties. No one who lives in this city should be shocked by the correlation between Caribana and gun violence.

I’d laugh if it wasn’t true.

Fake news. Canada has "common sense" gun control. 

toronto is turning into a SHITHOLE

meth heads all over downtown

and gang shootings all the time

the city was SO MUCH better before

the so called postive side is

over priced condo’s and shawarma joints

and the once large downtown night life scene

is almost done as well because of condo’s and noise etc

FrontBroRian - Maybe they should ban automatic assault rifles and all shootings will stop

take a guess where the vast majority of the guns used come from

Mushroom Slap - 
FrontBroRian - Maybe they should ban automatic assault rifles and all shootings will stop

take a guess where the vast majority of the guns used come from

Trump drives them over the border on weekends?