15 and 22 years for Growing Weed in my Town

http://dailyjournalonline.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/brother-sister-get-prison-time-for-pot-operation/article_0a89a30c-4d30-11e3-a68c-0019bb2963f4.html?comment_form=true#comments

I went to school with both of them.I know people around here that were busted with way worse they got probation.None of them did time like this.The sister is actually a really nice intelligent girl.Nice my Taxpaying money is paying to house these two while this whole area is rampant with people selling Meth and Heroin....

I think it's stupid but if you live in an area where shitting on the sidewalk gets you 10 years, guess what I won't be doing.

Are we supposed to feel bad about this?

Do I give a fuck about weed? Not one bit.

But until it ISNT AGAINST THE LAW; stop messing with it or accept the consequences when you get caught

It's classified as cultivation. To make things worse, a car ride away brings you to legal territory. Such bullshit. Someday or kids will look at this as insane. Phone Post 3.0

Rantuckjr - Are we supposed to feel bad about this?

Do I give a fuck about weed? Not one bit.

But until it ISNT AGAINST THE LAW; stop messing with it or accept the consequences when you get caught

I do feel bad because it is a ridiculous sentence that my taxpaying money is footing the bill to house these two.This is beyond a ridiculous sentence.Murderers and Rapists get less than this.What if you ran a stop sign or got a speeding ticket and they gave you 6 months in Jail? That is along these lines.Yes they broke the law and do deserve punishment but let the punishment fit the crime.Their are people busted with Meth Labs in this area monthly that don't even get a 1/4 of what they got.

sucks that it's illegal, but they knew the risk.

this has to be the dumbest reporting ever, on listing what police found in their apt, here are two items listed:

-They found what appeared to be a homemade explosive device in the apartment but it turned out the device was not one.

-a small vial possibly containing what appeared to be an illegal drug