15% raise to work grave yard shift would you do it

I am being offered a promotion to work graveyard shift.

I am a little concerned about it being bad for my health. Are we really made to sleep all day and be up at night?

It is a promotion and I will be learning something new.

Would you do it?

Fuck yes do it.. Nothing wrong with that type of day.. You will avoid rush hours.. Coffee line ups will be nonexistent...

You can still do things on weekends if you're missing out on social things and with pvr you won't miss shit Phone Post 3.0

That's a tough one. I honestly can't answer you. Phone Post 3.0

I'm not sure I would but if I had to I could make it work.

One of my friends has been working graveyard since I've known her and does four days on it, then resets to normal time for the weekend. It's insane but she makes it work. Phone Post 3.0

Yes absolutely. The night time is the right time. Phone Post 3.0

Had the best years of my life working night shift.. Phone Post 3.0

Hmmm....im not sure a $150,000 would make me want to work night.

;) Phone Post 3.0

YES YES YES Phone Post 3.0

Are you married/have kids?

If you answered no to the last one specifically take it! Phone Post 3.0

tonyromosbackspasm - Are you married/have kids?

If you answered no to the last one specifically take it! Phone Post 3.0
Exactly.

The freaks are out at night, broseph. Phone Post 3.0

cbone25 - Had the best years of my life working night shift.. Phone Post 3.0
Same here. worked nights for almost 8 years. If it's an opportunity to advance and learn something new do it. Phone Post 3.0

Do it. Used to work graveyard at the airport. No traffic on my commute, no lines at the stores when ii get off work, and no annoying mouth breathers around to ruin my day. Only down side was I didn't get to see my friends for almost a year since they were asleep whenever I was awake. Phone Post 3.0

Depends on how your sleeping habits are IMO, or if you're willing to change them.

If you have trouble sleeping reasonable hours on a regular schedule it will probably be way tougher on nights, and transitioning back on the weekends.

IF you don't have trouble sleeping it will probably be easier.

working weekends is actually tougher than working nights.

OP do you have wife and kids?

I work it and it sucks big aids balls. Phone Post 3.0

Depends on what you do for work, I suppose. I did it for about 3 years. I liked it, but after a while it was time for a change. For 15%, it's worth a shot. Some guys love it, you may be one of them.

I work from 11 pm to 8 am as it is so yes lol Phone Post 3.0

StruggleSnuggles - I work from 11 pm to 8 am as it is so yes lol Phone Post 3.0
Like above posters say you don't deal with rush hour traffic which used to add over 30 minutes to my day each way! Phone Post 3.0

Maybe. I pretty much studied on that timetable when I was at university.