$180,000 - Pride OWGP

The winner gets 180k. I wish we could see what the salaries are for each of the fighters.

the salaries for many of the big names are way past 180K..

Yoshida and Crocop will probably get close to 1 million combined for each showing.

Yeah but you're just making numbers up. I would like actually know.

i'm not making shit up.

Yoshida made 2 million to fight NYE. Why is it so hard to believe that he will make around 500K to fight in the OWGP? especially after potentially 2-3 fights, it will be way more than 500K.. more like 1 to 1.5 million.

Wanderlei has already said he was making 500k per fight in his last contract in an interview i posted some time ago

Yeah, tops guys in Pride easily make 500K+. Crocop probably makes $1 million a fight. Yoshida, being a national hero, $2 million a fight is not hard to believe at all.

source?

"Wandy said he was offered 500k from a UFC competitor in the US, NOT from Pride."

Im not talking about his gracie mag interview. I posted another interview a few months ago where he said he was making 350k per fight before the GP but he is now making considerably more

that wand makes more than 350k I know but that Yoshida makes 2
million, sounds a bit far fetched, can you give us your sources?

Yoshida is the biggest draw for PRIDE in Japan and they are the ones filling the 60,000+ seats and watching it on TV... so it's not too surprising. I have heard the same type of numbers everywhere in the past.

everywhere???

funny... I guess I've missed it

Not bad money for FOUR fights.

See that's why I said I wish I could see the salaries for each fight. We have all heard this and that about a handful of fighters but none of us even know about them in particular, for sure. The majority of Pride fighter no one has any idea about. But people come on here and make shit up and act like they know what they are talking about.

Didn't Ricco say he got 80k for his fight with Nog?

Yeah Johnny, that's what I'm getting at. Couture got a quarter million and a percentage of the PPV buys for his last fight. But we all know not everyone makes that in the UFC. But if the numbers were secret we might assume they all make tons of cash like people assume about Pride. Rampage talked about how if he had a Xcience (sp?) contract and a good purse at the UFC he could make a similar amount as he did in Pride. Most Pride fighter probably don't have big sponsors, at least Rampage didn't. Nuthuggers will act like they know but they don't.

"See that's why I said I wish I could see the salaries for each fight. We have all heard this and that about a handful of fighters but none of us even know about them in particular, for sure. The majority of Pride fighter no one has any idea about. But people come on here and make shit up and act like they know what they are talking about."

Your absolutely right. Pride fighters do not make more than UFC fighters. Its all just propaganda from biased fans. UFC is just as good in the paying department. There feel better now?

I have sene Pride fighters sponsored by companies like SQUARESOFT, Yokohama Tires, Schick, Sapporo, etc. These sponsorships alone have to pay a very good amount of money.

www.puroresupower.com which is a site run by Zach Arnold (one of the most knowledgeable MMA/pro wrestling guys i nthe business) reported that Ogawa and Yoshida each made over 1 million dollars for their NYE fight.

Vanderlei Silva said in an interview that he used to make 300 k a fight a few years ago but now it is "much more."

I believe Chris Brennan said he made like 30k per fight once

Just so ya know, this is another $180,000 on top of their salaries already.

"Your absolutely right. Pride fighters do not make more than UFC fighters. Its all just propaganda from biased fans. UFC is just as good in the paying department. There feel better now?"

I'm not the one making statements out of ignorance. I assume that the pay scale is higher in pride in general but people keep bringing up highly paid fighter and acting like that indicates what others are making. How much is Zulu getting? I don't know, neither do, you but he had to fight Fedor and now Nog. If you assume no one has to work their way up in Pride you're assuming too much.

There's a reason fighters like Belfort and Assuerio Silva choose to fight in the UFC.

"Just so ya know, this is another $180,000 on top of their salaries already."

Yeah I said that in the first post, bro.