1911 recs

I’ve got 9mm, 10mm, and .45 Glocks. I want to add a 1911 to my set. I’m thinking a Colt Gold Cup Trophy .45.

Anyone have a good reason to pick something else?

Nice gun, I considered a Colt when I was shopping around awhile back but when I wanted decided I wanted my 1911 to be a 10mm I was thinking a Dan Wesson but then found my STI.

pcuzz - Nice gun, I considered a Colt when I was shopping around awhile back but when I wanted decided I wanted my 1911 to be a 10mm I was thinking a Dan Wesson but then found my STI.

I get the 10mm love. I also was considering the Colt Delta Elite for that reason. 

I went the cheap route with an RIA. So far, so good. I got it just because. It even runs on the surplus mags I bought from the CMP. 

If you want to build a RIA is a good launchpad to learn and make mistakes on.....but im guessing youre a buyer.

A lot of people love colts...im not one of them. A name is not enough. That being said...dan wesson, Springfield trp or kimber tle.

Get a Nighthawk, STI or Wilson Combat.

Les Baer if you care afford a wilson

Rhymenoceros - How much do you want to spend?

I don’t want to go crazy, but if I’m going to get one I’m happy to spend a bit. I was expecting to pay about $1500 for the Colt

I see the Wilson at about $3,000. I don’t think I’d go that high. I’m not that good of a shot, and I also want to buy a ridiculously large and impractical wheel gun soon, too (.454 Ruger SRH or a SW 500).

Springfield TRP for the 1911 and S&W 686 competitor for the revolver 

for the extra 500 les baer 1000x over colt

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F. -

You have a model in mind?

Rhymenoceros - Don't buy that stupid revolver.

Why not?

Wilson or Nighthawk

If you’re already at 1500 I’d say add another 500 for a Baer.  

Piyo -
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F. -

You have a model in mind?

any one. i have a custom carry with 1.5 inch grouping guarantee. best gun i ever shot.

tack driver!

Ed Brown 

Dan Wesson if you don’t want to spend over 2 grand. TRP if staying under 1500 is a must. If you are going over 2 grand, you can’t go wrong with Wilson Combat, Ed Brown, or Nighthawk. 

If he likes it why the fuck not?

Piyo - 

Why not?

what revolver is he referring too?