191's gate lowest in Vegas since 2004

Anyone else see this?

UFC 191's reported gate of $1.3 million is the lowest for a Las Vegas-based UFC pay-per-view card since UFC 49 in August 2004.

I'm not surprised considering Vegas is a staple UFC card town. Also, historically numbered pay per view events in Vegas are more stacked. The public just isn't keen of Mighty Mouse title fights. Phone Post 3.0

It's unfair to blame it on being the lack of interest in Mighty Mouse. There was nothing else on that card worth of interest to be honest. MM and Dodson was the only fight I cared to see honestly. AA and Mir I didn't want to see either lose but also its two guys at the tail end of a long career. Everyone knew Rumble was going to stretch manuwa Phone Post 3.0

I don't doubt it. Who wants to watch two Mosquitos dart back and forth throwing punches that can't hurt anybody. And yessss I get it, DJ's performance was flawless and it was but who cares? No one, that's who. Phone Post 3.0

not surprized at all.

"Who wants to watch two Mosquitos dart back and forth throwing punches that can't hurt anybody."

It was so much better watching Mir and Arlovski plod back and forth throwing punches that didn't hurt the other.

ELuke - It's unfair to blame it on being the lack of interest in Mighty Mouse. There was nothing else on that card worth of interest to be honest. MM and Dodson was the only fight I cared to see honestly. AA and Mir I didn't want to see either lose but also its two guys at the tail end of a long career. Everyone knew Rumble was going to stretch manuwa Phone Post 3.0
I'm not blaming him. The lowest weight divisions have always been lesser jobs. If you take the casual fan, who I know many, most will skip Flyweight fights and even some hardcores do too. Phone Post 3.0

PPV buys will reflect the same. Mighty Mouse just isn't interesting to the casual fan like it or not. Phone Post 3.0

Little fighters = little gates

In other news, Vegas reported a sales spike in burritos during the same time as the UFC main event. Phone Post 3.0

ELuke - It's unfair to blame it on being the lack of interest in Mighty Mouse. There was nothing else on that card worth of interest to be honest. MM and Dodson was the only fight I cared to see honestly. AA and Mir I didn't want to see either lose but also its two guys at the tail end of a long career. Everyone knew Rumble was going to stretch manuwa Phone Post 3.0
It falls 100% on the 125 divisions shoulders. You could put mcgregor vs a pygmy goat with Bryan callen on a stool pontificating on eastern European history as the undercard and it would sell out Phone Post 3.0

Corn Nuts - Little fighters = little gates

lol.

Dom Hemingway - I don't doubt it. Who wants to watch two Mosquitos dart back and forth throwing punches that can't hurt anybody. And yessss I get it, DJ's performance was flawless and it was but who cares? No one, that's who. Phone Post 3.0
I'd like to see you get popped in the mouth full clip by mighty mouse and see if you're still standing, no one can take you seriously when you say ignorant shit like "can't hurt nobody" Phone Post 3.0

Galloping FUPA - 
Dom Hemingway - I don't doubt it. Who wants to watch two Mosquitos dart back and forth throwing punches that can't hurt anybody. And yessss I get it, DJ's performance was flawless and it was but who cares? No one, that's who. Phone Post 3.0
I'd like to see you get popped in the mouth full clip by mighty mouse and see if you're still standing, no one can take you seriously when you say ignorant shit like "can't hurt nobody" Phone Post 3.0

well he is a UGer so he probably wrestles bears during his lunch break from having his dick get molded for dildos that only super models can use.

That's really too bad. I don't feel bad for Zuffa, but I actually feel bad for Mighty Mouse. Just think about it for a second. He had what I would think is one of the better paying sponsors in XBox, but now that Reebok is the only Phone Post 3.0

What's an average gate? Phone Post 3.0

Sorry, I was in the middle of writing my last post until my dog decided to be sick at almost 3am which caused me to hit the post button as my was putting my phone down. Below is the full post I intended to post:

*FRAT WARNING **

That's really too bad. I don't feel bad for Zuffa, but I actually feel bad for Mighty Mouse. Just think about it for a second. I think we can all agree that MM is one of the top 3 p4p MMA fighters alive, if not the the best p4p fighter. He's a dominant and classy champion that has held the belt for some time and hasn't been involved in any problems or controversies outside of the cage, nor any PED whispers inside. Basically he's a model champion and has been for some time...and none of that has has been for some time.

For quite some time, he's had a great, loyal sponsor in XBox. He never had to worry about Xbox holding out on sending their check or getting their check then having it bounce when it came time to cash it. Also, I would think they are one of the better paying sponsors out there.

Unfortunately, now that Reebok is the UFC's official company for apparel, he can no longer wear the Xbox shorts that he's known to wear, so scratch whatever money he was making with Xbox and replace it with the $40k that Reebok gives him. I won't even get into the fact that I'm sure he feels somewhat slighted over the fact that a relative newbie fighters (i.e. PVZ) have been signed by Reebok, paying them more than the standard sponsor pay while he's done so much more in the sport and gets the straight $40k.

Now you add in a low gate, I can only imagine that the ppv numbers weren't good so any ppv dollars will be low too. Poor guy, I just can't help but feel bad for him. Now, you don't have to like that division and/or you don't have to be a fan of MM to feel for the guy. He's a great ambassador and a dominant champion in this sport and for the UFC, and now that he's in his prime, he's essentially gotten a fairly substantial pay cut. Phone Post 3.0

tunaburn - 
Galloping FUPA - 

well he is a UGer so he probably wrestles bears during his lunch break from having his dick get molded for dildos that only super models can use.

Most super models are 90lb stick figures, Im sure their vaginas are super small, so this does actually make sense.

as a person it is hard not to like mighty mouse. however as a fighter he is boring as hell.

also it is not honest to say he is the only one at fault. when the cage looks like an american football field.

when you have fighters fight that small, they should change the size of the cage too. makes for more exciting fights as well.

TFK_Vulva Fabulous - Sorry, I was in the middle of writing my last post until my dog decided to be sick at almost 3am which caused me to hit the post button as my was putting my phone down. Below is the full post I intended to post:

*FRAT WARNING **

That's really too bad. I don't feel bad for Zuffa, but I actually feel bad for Mighty Mouse. Just think about it for a second. I think we can all agree that MM is one of the top 3 p4p MMA fighters alive, if not the the best p4p fighter. He's a dominant and classy champion that has held the belt for some time and hasn't been involved in any problems or controversies outside of the cage, nor any PED whispers inside. Basically he's a model champion and has been for some time...and none of that has has been for some time.

For quite some time, he's had a great, loyal sponsor in XBox. He never had to worry about Xbox holding out on sending their check or getting their check then having it bounce when it came time to cash it. Also, I would think they are one of the better paying sponsors out there.

Unfortunately, now that Reebok is the UFC's official company for apparel, he can no longer wear the Xbox shorts that he's known to wear, so scratch whatever money he was making with Xbox and replace it with the $40k that Reebok gives him. I won't even get into the fact that I'm sure he feels somewhat slighted over the fact that a relative newbie fighters (i.e. PVZ) have been signed by Reebok, paying them more than the standard sponsor pay while he's done so much more in the sport and gets the straight $40k.

Now you add in a low gate, I can only imagine that the ppv numbers weren't good so any ppv dollars will be low too. Poor guy, I just can't help but feel bad for him. Now, you don't have to like that division and/or you don't have to be a fan of MM to feel for the guy. He's a great ambassador and a dominant champion in this sport and for the UFC, and now that he's in his prime, he's essentially gotten a fairly substantial pay cut. Phone Post 3.0

I feel like the UFC knows DJ isn't gonna draw yet they keep throwing him out there and on PPV so he has to constantly answer questions about being a draw. It takes the focus off of his greatness as a fighter. It seems like he's asked about or has articles written about his popularity more than anything else. He headlined 3 FOX shows and I think they could springboard his PPV potential but it just didn't happen. The 178 card in hindsite was pretty loaded and even that did like 200k buys (it had Connor-Poirier, Cerrone-Alvarez, and that crazy Yoel-Kennedy fight on it) plus a good prelim card. I would never ask him to headline a PPV again. Co-Main his title fights with a bigger title fight ME or put him on FOX and load the card up.