1st the Parade and now THIS!?!

should we be concerned yet?

Trump on China abolishing presidential term limits: 'Maybe we'll give that a shot someday'

President Donald Trump in a private speech to Republican donors on Saturday floated the idea of abolishing presidential term limits.

Trump praised Chinese President Xi Jinping for consolidating power, saying, "Maybe we'll give that a shot someday."

Trump also used the speech to bash his former opponent Hillary Clinton and insult former President George W. Bush.

President Donald Trump in a private speech on Saturday praised Chinese President Xi Jinping for recently consolidating power, saying, "Maybe we'll give that a shot someday."

"He's now president for life. President for life. And he's great," Trump said, according to a recording obtained by CNN. "And look, he was able to do that. I think it's great."

Trump made the remarks during a closed-door lunch and fundraiser with Republican donors.-----

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-china-abolishing-term-limits-maybe-well-give-that-a-shot-someday-2018-3

He's king troll and loving every second of it, at least that's what I choose to believe over the alternative. 

ramaham -

He's king troll and loving every second of it, at least that's what I choose to believe over the alternative. 

and what is the "alternative" possibility?

karasu -
ramaham -

He believes everything he says

FETT_Loadin76_TFK -
karasu -
ramaham -

Pretty much. 

Fingers still crossed he does good for the country.

ramaham -
FETT_Loadin76_TFK -
karasu -
ramaham -

Pretty much. 

and what is the possibility that he does believe what he says?

'This is not going to end well': Trump's friends and allies are worried he's spiraling out of control — and they say this time is different

President Donald Trump has become increasingly emotionally unstable in recent weeks, and his friends blame this on his obsession with TV coverage and defensiveness in the face of perceived attacks against him.

"The more pressure put on him and the more isolated he becomes, I think, his ability to do harm is going to increase," one person told the Washington Post.

Trump has felt hampered by the Russia investigation and the scandals surrounding his son-in-law and senior adviser Jared Kushner.

His recently unstable demeanor was reflected in freewheeling policy decisions and behaviors this week.

President Donald Trump's friends and confidantes are reportedly more worried about his emotional health than ever before.

As Trump becomes ever more focused on perceived attacks against him, constantly obsesses over TV coverage, and lashes out at friends and foes alike in public, many close to him say he is approaching "pure madness," according to the Washington Post.

Retired Gen. Barry McCaffrey did not mince his words about Trump's current mental state.

"I think the president is starting to wobble in his emotional stability and this is not going to end well," he told the Post. "Trump's judgment is fundamentally flawed, and the more pressure put on him and the more isolated he becomes, I think, his ability to do harm is going to increase."

But others say things will likely get worse before they get better.

"We haven't bottomed out," one official told the paper.

A presidential ally who spoke with CNN said this week is "different" and that the president is spiraling.

"This has real economic impact," the source said, referring to the market's rejection of the tariffs. "Something is very wrong."

In the words of one official, Trump became "unglued" on Wednesday night.------

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-spiraling-out-of-control-according-to-friends-2018-3

karasu -
ramaham -
FETT_Loadin76_TFK -
karasu -
ramaham -

Pretty much. 

and what is the possibility that he does believe what he says?

Ya got me, im sure he does at least a bit. 

This is why I hide in my libertarian bubble.

no way that happens here.

DougWilson - no way that happens here.

how many people throughout history have said "no way that happens here...."???

gosh karasu, sounds really scary. I bet you're in the process of selling your "BIG WIN" house and moving to a foreign country before all this really scary stuff happens, right?

karasu -

And how many times has "But this time it's different, for reals"  been said lately in regards to Trump. 

I'd have an occasional moment of anxiety too if the whole MSN and left attacked me 24/7. 

karasu - 

You really think the 2 term amendment has a chamce to be repealed?

Sandy Pantz - gosh karasu, sounds really scary. I bet you're in the process of selling your "BIG WIN" house and moving to a foreign country before all this really scary stuff happens, right?

LOL anyone of reasonable intelligence can comprehend how it is smart RISK MANAGEMENT to ALWAYS have options.

life-strategy 101:  "Don't put ALL your EGGS in ONE BASKET"

DougWilson -
karasu - 

what does President Trump think?

karasu -
DougWilson -
karasu - 

He thinks you should get back on your meds. 

karasu -
DougWilson -
karasu - 

He's gonna grab that third term by the pussy and make it his.

karasu - 
Sandy Pantz - gosh karasu, sounds really scary. I bet you're in the process of selling your "BIG WIN" house and moving to a foreign country before all this really scary stuff happens, right?

LOL anyone of reasonable intelligence can comprehend how it is smart RISK MANAGEMENT to ALWAYS have options.

So what are your opinions? Have you bought a house in a foreign nation? Have you sold all of your stocks and converted to gold? What have you done to prepare for this oh so scary scenario?

*options not opinions

Sandy Pantz -
karasu - 

So what are your opinions? Have you bought a house in a foreign nation? Have you sold all of your stocks and converted to gold? What have you done to prepare for this oh so scary scenario?

my opinion is that I am not for or against President Trump.  In fact I think he was a necessary reaction.  I also believe that it power can be a slippery slope to corruption.

based on this my strategy is:  observe, question what I observe, hedge my risks.  It is very simple.  Be flexible and do not blindly and stubbornly bind myself to one course of thought/action.