2 political stories we can (maybe) all get behind

1) Obama has asked the FCC to create the "strongest possible rules" to protect net neutrality as they draft their new regulations.

2) NYPD has announced they will no longer be making arrests for possession of small quantities of marijuana.

Good news that folks on all ends of the spectrum can get behind, IMO.

I'm sure some fundie religitard will have a problem with #2

I simply don't believe #1.

there will be all sorts of bullshit in the actual writing that will ultimately screw over the consumer. "we need to pass the bill to find out whats in it" type of shit.

Not arresting people for small amounts of weed is a good thing.  Although I think they should use discression and have the ability to arrest someone for weed if it's a means to something else (yeah yeah, slippery slope ... )

the weed thing, is they are still giving tickets for it, just not booking anyone

clattymine - 

there will be all sorts of bullshit in the actual writing that will ultimately screw over the consumer. "we need to pass the bill to find out whats in it" type of shit.

Not arresting people for small amounts of weed is a good thing.  Although I think they should use discression and have the ability to arrest someone for weed if it's a means to something else (yeah yeah, slippery slope ... )

You have to give credit where it's due on #1 imo.

Ramon Maroni - the weed thing, is they are still giving tickets for it, just not booking anyone

Well, it's not legal so they can't really completely ignore it. I think making it the equivalent of a traffic ticket is a pretty good start.

Tomato Can - 
Ramon Maroni - the weed thing, is they are still giving tickets for it, just not booking anyone

Well, it's not legal so they can't really completely ignore it. I think making it the equivalent of a traffic ticket is a pretty good start.

Yep

Sounds good, now let's see if they actually deliver

attjack - 
clattymine - 

You have to give credit where it's due on #1 imo.

No credit to be given.

It was only months ago that Obama appointed the former lead lobbiest for Comcast as the head of the FCC.  The FCC are the ones that will make the final decision on net nuetrality.  Comcast, Verizon, and Time Warner are the Big 3 that are pushing so hard to end net nuetrality.   Either there is a massive conflict of interest going on or it it is just the biggest coincidence in the history of this civilization that the most qualified person to run the FCC previously represented Comcast.

It sounds like Obama sold his influence to the corporations, and is now saying empty fluff to fool the idiots into thinking he's on our side.  And it looks like it's working.