2 questions I have about Joe Silva

1) Was he one of those kids from the Underground that Chael often talks about?

Didn't he post here before he ever got the job as UFC matchmaker

2) Was his job loss related to the cIass action law suits? 

I heard they had to let him go because of the law suits but never got ant details

I'm curious to know.

Not sure about the lawsuits, because their status seems to fluctuate.   Its like one day, there's a little development, and then it just falls off the radar for six or eight months. 

It's been months since I read through the case, but I think I remember him being in there, but not sure if he was released/bought out because of anything he did or didn't do.   He might have just decided to cash out and retire.

Trying to book/compensate cage fighters, a pretty disgruntled group on the whole, has to be a rough job.

1 Like
Calhoon - 

I heard they had to let him go because of the law suits but never got ant details

I'm curious to know.

I don't remember his posting in the 90s. He used to post when he became the official matchmaker.

He left of his own volition after the sale to Endeavor when he was granted equity. I heard how much he got but forget. Was like $10 million or more something; it's none of my business. Dana White was surprised, but it's a tough and thankless job.

Him and Wand had the same dad. It was a very similar situation to the Buffers.  

Kirik -
Calhoon - 

I'm curious to know.

I don't remember his posting in the 90s. He used to post when he became the official matchmaker.

He left of his own volition after the sale to Endeavor when he was granted equity. I heard how much he got but forget. Was like $10 million or more something; it's none of my business. Dana White was surprised, but it's a tough and thankless job.

When Endeavor buys this site I want equity.

Kirik -
Calhoon - 

I'm curious to know.

Thanks

Was Helwani, or anybody you can think of, discovered on the UG?

I know he basically just decided he had enough money to retire, and he rode off into the sunset of his own choice.

Calhoon -

I'm curious to know.

Joe Silva used to write into the wrestling observer complaining that pancrase was fake, despite never watching shoot s.t.y.l.e

flemingo - 
Calhoon -

I'm curious to know.

Joe Silva used to write into the wrestling observer complaining that pancrase was fake, despite never watching shoot s.t.y.l.e

Pancrase had shoots, and a few works. Drove me crazy.

Calhoon - 
Kirik -
Calhoon - 

I'm curious to know.

Thanks

Was Helwani, or anybody you can think of, discovered on the UG?

Helwani made his own way. I wouldn'r describe anything that happened as discovery - just a guy moving forward.