2 rule changes suggestions

MMA is brilliant because of how natural of an act it is. There is a time limit per round and a few rules to abide by in the interest of the fighters safety. Simple and effective.
As soon as I read this I thought of American football and all of its stopping and starting and all the rules. Defending a submission is an art too. I'm not completely against the second rule, I just think it would cause more heartache with bad reffing than its worth. Phone Post

I like mma knownothings idea of the extension call. When the timer slaps for the 10 second warning, the ref can call an extension. But, as soon as the fighter defends the punches or submission the round is stopped Phone Post

as for the second rule...
if you are landing a barrage of punches but not enough yet to warrant a stoppage and the bell rings, do you let the aggressor continue throwing strikes after the bell rings?

both rules are dumb

I don't personally like either rule. My reasons for the disliking the first have already been brought up by several people in this thread but the second one is quite simple: No because the round is over. Leaving it for someone to subjectively judge in the heat of the moment whether to allow the fighters to continue is absurd, that's not what the ref is there for. 5 minutes per round. That's what everyone walks into the cage knowing, and it's an objective marker which nobody can argue with outside of the buzzer/bell going off early. Can you imagine the chaos the first time someone is subb'ed at 5:15?

reclassify downed opponent to someone either on there stomach or back. 3 points of contact rule is bullshit.

Nay to both.
The second one especially. That essentially just gives someone a chance at a free submission. In the situation where you're on the ground (in guard/mount/side pin/etc.) just go for a leg lock with 10 seconds left. Then the opponent HAS to escape and if he reverses or does, the round's over anyway. You can't lose.