$20 burgers are out of control

Im all for paying for quality,  but Ive never had a burger that was worth 20 bucks.  I suppose if it was fairly big and had tons of stuff inside them maybe.  What I see is a lot of hipster places with weak ass burgers for 20 bucks,  no fries.  I can get better burgers at hole in the wall places for less than half that.

I also see a lot of build your own burgers that charge for everything.  Cheese is a buck or 2,  every other condiment is a buck.  You will end up at 20 building a pretty standard burger.

So go get a cheaper burger elsewhere. Problem solved. 

Support your mom and pop burger places

Hell yeah, have a $20 burger and a $8 pint of beer.  I work just to keep local business owners rich.

clattymine -

So go get a cheaper burger elsewhere. Problem solved. 

I do,  but I see more and more of these popping up

Tim Duncan -

Im all for paying for quality,  but Ive never had a burger that was worth 20 bucks.  I suppose if it was fairly big and had tons of stuff inside them maybe.  What I see is a lot of hipster places with weak ass burgers for 20 bucks,  no fries.  I can get better burgers at hole in the wall places for less than half that.

I also see a lot of build your own burgers that charge for everything.  Cheese is a buck or 2,  every other condiment is a buck.  You will end up at 20 building a pretty standard burger.

when's the last time you made a home burger?

I need to see the burger. If it's worth it, fine. But throw in the fries you greedy fucks.

it better be made of ragu beef

I've had $20 burgers that were totally worth it.  I've had others that weren't. 

I'll never spend $20 on a burger there is a local place down the street that's ranked as one of the best in the country we got 2 burgers and fries for $16.

Fuck hipster overrated food! 

Morpheus1976 -
Tim Duncan -

when's the last time you made a home burger?

I dont make burgers at home.  If Im grilling Im throwning a steak on.

Mutant - 

I'll never spend $20 on a burger there is a local place down the street that's ranked as one of the best in the country we got 2 burgers and fries for $16.

Best in the country?

Share it...

lionsoul -
Mutant - 

Best in the country?

Share it...

Yeah mutant spill it

chuck box if i had to guess??

boxcar-for-life -
lionsoul -
Mutant - 

Best in the country?

Share it...

Yeah mutant spill it

chuck box if i had to guess??

Fuck yeah but Detroit Coney Island is fucking awesome! 

Black Label burger is worth every penny of the $34 it costs at Minetta Tavern. 

lionsoul -
Mutant - 

Best in the country?

Share it...

http://www.detroitconeygrill.com/our-story.html

Hipster burgers are often sold in hip parts of town, with hip parts of town rent.  Its not always markup for the sake of markup.  But when it is, fuck that.  A burger at del Friscos is $16.

If you buy a $20 burger, it says more about you than the people conning you into buying it.

Animal Mother -

Black Label burger is worth every penny of the $34 it costs at Minetta Tavern. 

I migjt try it if it is worth it.

EFM -

Hipster burgers are often sold in hip parts of town, with hip parts of town rent.  Its not always markup for the sake of markup.  But when it is, fuck that.  A burger at del Friscos is $16.

I get that,   but that isnt the case in my experience