20 mins of motherlovin' SW:Old Republic gameplay

http://au.pc.ign.com/dor/objects/816935/bioware-mmo-project/videos/gcom09_oldrepublic_spc1_082109.html

Damn, looks good.

Some interesting concepts in there. Will be good if it comes off. Although it looks a bit like a single player game rather than an MMO.

Not interested about the voices thing TBH. Unless it is really really good.

The developers names sound made up

The wow killer frens

FloridaStriker - The wow killer frens

we've heard that before.

wooo

i played priest in WoW, didn't like how they did it. Fuck ur stuck watching the players health bars more than u are payin attention to what's on the screen.

Apparently Warhammer was trying to fix this but never played that game.

Anyways glad Star wars is lookin good. I think i'll give it a try.

i really hope they don't fuck this up. It's the only one left with any real potential.

i must say i'm a tad concerned that everyone is going to end up playing a Sith warrior lol. I'm not really sure how many classes they plan tho. Right now they have it set up for 8 on the website, but that seems light.. then again considering all the unique content they would need for each class maybe it's about right.

I think this game on the horizon might be enough to keep me from making a return to WoW for the new expansion.

This game has pvp right? I didnt hear them mention it.

Finally a SW MMO that doesn't suck!

Looks pretty amazing.

I'm very worried about how the voice acting and cut scenes will interfere with the typical MMO pace.

What fun is sitting through 5-10 minutes of cut scenes all the time? MMOs are all about killing shit

True but most of us wanted KOTOR3 not an MMO anyway. This looks great for those KOTOR fanboys like me!

The gameplay looks promising, just skeptical of the focus on being a story-driven MMO

I don't like the look of it

chinese - its an mmo in name only
its really a single player game with a few multi player scenarios

Good, IMO.

they should have taken all the time and effort they put in "fully voiced" and put into the rest of the game.

I read or heard from one of the producers that you can actually play the entire game by yourself if you wanted to as a single player experience. But multiplayer sounds fun too. I have some friends that are getting it so I won't have to deal with playing with kids/weirdos.

I've never played an MMO in my life but I'm going to play this. The story and characters in a game are just as important to me as actual gameplay. Hundreds of hours of story driven gameplay? Sounds like something I can really get into.

The whole voice thing looks like it could be pretty tedious.

PLaying KOTOR recently I found myself clicking the mouse a lot trying to speed a long conversations just to get the game moving again.

Stryfer - they should have taken all the time and effort they put in "fully voiced" and put into the rest of the game.

+1

MuaySteve - The whole voice thing looks like it could be pretty tedious.

PLaying KOTOR recently I found myself clicking the mouse a lot trying to speed a long conversations just to get the game moving again.

+1