20 years ago today

I arrived at Parris Island and stood on those yellow footprints. Seems like yesterday. Man does time fly. I think my midlife crisis has officially begun :(

20 years ago today, I was shitting myself and was getting spoon fed applesauce Phone Post 3.0

20 years ago I was swimming in testicles crazy how things change Phone Post 3.0

TheReflectionOfPerfection - 20 years ago today, I was shitting myself and was getting spoon fed applesauce Phone Post 3.0

Yeah but you were 14 and in middle school

DennyBoii - Did you serve for 20 years?....

If so, why? And HOW? I have 200 more days in the military and I CAN NOT WAIT to get out.

I love what I do but hate the bullshit and politics of it all. I hate having my hand held like a child.

I admire those who manage to do 20, and am thankful, but it's not for me. Phone Post 3.0

Only did 4 years. The crazy thing is, I don't know why I got out. I loved it. My last unit was shitty. 0311 ground pounder

20 years ago today I was congratulating myself on what an awesome idea it was to cover the entire inside of our rental house worth cardboard, spray paint shit everywhere, hang black lights and have a huge house party.

It wasn't a good idea. Phone Post

dandon - I arrived at Parris Island and stood on those yellow footprints. Seems like yesterday. Man does time fly. I think my midlife crisis has officially begun :(

Nice, next week marks the 24 year anniversary of my arrival at Parris Island. What Platoon/Company? Time does fly.

3rd Bn Lima Co Plt3100

I had a DI named Gomer. Swear to god

I was getting ready to start soph yr of high school and likely spanking it like a horny spider monkey. Phone Post 3.0

You just made me realize I missed my 10yr boot camp anniversary...back in July. Semper Fi from Hollywood, send us some sand fleas! Phone Post 3.0

20 years ago I wasnt able to walk Phone Post

Semper Fi!!! Phone Post 3.0

20 years ago today I was a preparing for my sophomore year in high school with a brief stint in rehab.
Jesus, I was an idiot... Phone Post 3.0

i was stationed at Cp Casey Korea 5-20 INF. 2nd ID,with my wife back home about to give birth to my daughter.i was on my second hitch.

i got out in 05 and my little girl turns 20 in 2 wks and starts her junior year of college.

BTW,have fun with the midlife crisis.go celebrate the good parts of life you've had.go get that sports car or cock truck you been wanting.i got a decked out f350 for my crisis lol.

Been together with the wife just over 20 years.

Time really does fly.

20 years ago around this time I was wrapping up tech schools and arriving at my duty station in the AF.  Aim High!!

Thanks for your service OP and other military contributers to this thread.

dandon - I arrived at Parris Island and stood on those yellow footprints. Seems like yesterday. Man does time fly. I think my midlife crisis has officially begun :(
Awesome stuff. August 16 1995 was my day. At times it's a blur, but the crazy shit from those first few weeks will stay with me forever. Semper fi brother. Phone Post 3.0

Twenty years ago today I was about a few months away from starting Pre-School. Phone Post

dandon -
TheReflectionOfPerfection - 20 years ago today, I was shitting myself and was getting spoon fed applesauce Phone Post 3.0

Yeah but you were 14 and in middle school

Lol Phone Post