2002 - Marbury kept it insane

lol, found this link on a Suns board.

from espn, 2002:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=221230016

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) -- Kevin Garnett got the win, but no respect from former teammate Stephon Marbury.

Garnett had 22 points and 14 rebounds to lead the Minnesota Timberwolves over the Phoenix Suns 104-98 Monday, snapping the Suns' five-game winning streak. Minnesota won despite a second-half rally by the Suns and a career-high 38 points from Phoenix rookie Amare Stoudemire.

After the game Marbury was asked to compare the 20-year-old Stoudemire to Garnett at the same age.  "It's not even close," Marbury said. "He doesn't even compare to Amare. Two different people. It's like Michael Jordan and Mario Elie."

When Marbury's comments were played back for Garnett, the Wolves star said: "This is Steph being jealous. I'm still on his mind. He used the young fellow to come at me."

Marbury and Garnett were close as teammates during Marbury's first two seasons in Minnesota, but grew apart. Marbury demanded a trade from the Wolves in 1999 and has had a chilly relationship with Garnett ever since."He's got three kids, a wife, a family, bills, all sorts of things. But I'm still on his mind, like a girl," Garnett said.

LMAO!!!