2004 Range Rover looking to buy

I'm looking at getting a 2004 Range Rover that is under 9,000 dollars. It has 132,000 miles on it. One owner, and no accidents. I've told my family, and they're tell me it's not a good buy. They keep telling me the maintenance is going to be expensive. Is this a good buy or tell the dealership no thanks? Any help is appreciated. Phone Post 3.0

Listen to your family in this particular scenario. Stay in the closet like they told you to also. Phone Post 3.0

You're going to spend $9k a year keeping that fucking thing on the road. That's a shit ton of miles on an already unreliable piece of shit. Why do you think a 2004 Range Rover, with that mileage, is only $9k? A Ford F-150 from the same year with the same mileage costs about the same.

Just buy it. It's only 9 grand. Your only young once. Phone Post 3.0

RGS87GN - Listen to your family in this particular scenario. Stay in the closet like they told you to also. Phone Post 3.0
I told my mom, and she was like don't. Lol. VU. I needed a good laugh. I need something for just while until I get something like brand new. I will keep cars until they fall apart, before I get a new car. Phone Post 3.0

BackOffWarchild - You're going to spend $9k a year keeping that fucking thing on the road. That's a shit ton of miles on an already unreliable piece of shit. Why do you think a 2004 Range Rover, with that mileage, is only $9k? A Ford F-150 from the same year with the same mileage costs about the same.
I have small kids, and can keep my strollers in the back. I looked at some mini vans, but I everything I've seen has been like 200,000. Honda Odyssey. Yuck, but I'm not trying to do that unless I can't find something else. Phone Post 3.0

Range Rovers don't age well at all.

It will cost you a fortune to keep on the road. Phone Post 3.0

Your thread title should read...

"Someone stop me from buying a 2004 Range Rover that's gonna cost me $9000 in repairs every fucking year I own it." Phone Post 3.0

Notably expensive routine maintenance is required Phone Post 3.0

If you're in Philly give Dennis at paddy's pub a call. Phone Post 3.0

I know nothing, but i'll jump on the bandwagon of it costing a lot.

Get a defender instead. Phone Post 3.0

Not a good deal. Buy it from carmax and get the extended warranty. This is only way to go

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://dougdemuro.kinja.com/why-your-next-unreliable-luxury-car-should-come-from-ca-814250605&ved=0CEMQFjADahUKEwi8kfC6zfnGAhXErIAKHVAEAJI&usg=AFQjCNFlTfRZdPvxkNE2dBNpU4YrKAWa5Q&sig2=DmFGFgf5DPh4hzeqTI_ayA Phone Post 3.0

Find a 2004 Honda CRV if you have kids
Can't imagine it's more than 10k Phone Post 3.0

My cousin had a brand new 04 or 05 Range Rover Sport.

She got rid of it within 3 years because of maintenance issues. Phone Post 3.0

There is a reason it's cheap. It's a piece of shit Phone Post 3.0

Range rovers are engineered to last 10 years and 100k max.

Only way you should get one that old is if u do like the dude from Jalopnik n get one from carmax n a badass carmax warranty. Phone Post 3.0

it's an amphibious exploring vehicle, so…

Two things. The only people who buy used range rovers are hood rich types.

And anyone who knows cars can date the truck based on appearance, and will laugh at you for your poor choice. Buying an 11 year old truck that has horrible overall reliability is just foolish, especially for someone with a family. Phone Post 3.0

Don't do it man. You will rue the day. It will be a money pit.