2007 Ontario Grappling Grand Prix

Hi guys,

I'm happy to announce that the 2007 edition of the Ontario Grappling Grand Prix is officially underway. We will be having three qualifier tournaments this season as follows:

• January 27th, 2007 (hosted by Salvosa BJJ Ascension)

• March 31st, 2007 (hosted by Bravado Jiu-Jitsu)

• May 26th, 2007 (hosted by Kombat Arts)

The top four competitors in each division will be invited to the finals in June 2007 (with the exception of the advanced divisions, where the top three competitors will be invited in addition to last year's winners).

I have posted some information on the upcoming tournaments at www.martialartstoronto.com and will continue to provide more details regarding divisions, rules for point scoring, etc. I've also included the contact information for promoters of the individual tournaments so that everyone can stay informed.

As I am hosting the opening qualifier tournament, I will be mailing out information to any schools interested within the next week. Please feel free to send me your school's address at omar@salvosabjj.com if you'd like to receive some flyers for the January 27th competition.

Regards,

Omar Salvosa

www.martialartstoronto.com

Stats on last year's competiton can be found at Terry's website: www.warriormac.com

Last year's GRAND CHAMPIONS (and current title-holders) in the advanced divisions are:

155 lbs - Jack Szatko - Joslins

170 lbs - Andrew McInnes - Bocek

185 lbs - Eric Yu - Alliance BJJ

205 lbs - Misha Circunov - Kobra Kai

225 lbs - Paul Stark - Kumo

You can also check the CJA's website for the winners of the Beginner, Intermediate and Women's Absolute divisions (www.canadianjiujitsu.com).

ttt

booyah

TTT!!

TTT!

Just a minor change if you don't mind. I would prefer to be listed as "Alliance" instead of "The Lab". We don't go by that name any more! No biggy. Thanks, Omar.

Eric Yu, alliancebjj.ca

Thanks for the correction Eric--I was using the info posted on the CJA website.

TTT

TTT

Omar, e-mail me, send me more info about the tournament, weight divisions, I want to talk to you .

Regards

Fernando Gringo

ttt

Ola Fernando,

Could you please give me your e-mail address or phone number? You can reach me at omar@salvosabjj.com.

Thanks!

TTT

For Omar!

ttt

ttt

TTT

TTT

ttt

great tournament setup