2008 World's DVD Update! New Feautures!

2008 World ChampionshipsFor the first time in BJJ Worlds history this release features professional play-by-play commentary by black belts Shawn Williams and Sean Flannery. Listening to their commentary will increase your understanding of the art while they break down the moves and strategies of the top competitors in the world. In addition to commentary, Shawn Williams gets on the mat and shows you in detail how to do some of the most exciting moves of the finals. This is a first in the BJJ world and will make this the most exciting and educational Worlds DVD ever! Over 4 hours of footage!
Also includes optional Japanese commentary.

The dvd looks good.

Would have prefared to have seen some of the best fights then the ladies finals. But I really like the idea of shawn teaching some of the moves from the finals.

Really looking forward to seeing braulio and galvaos match

Damn, that looks sweet.
So is it really part instructional part event??

Sounds great, finally BJJ DVDs are catching up to the Judo sets put out by Fighting Films.

Any thoughts on adding the highlights of each athletes route to the finals to any future sets? No need to show each match in full, but how about the subs and key scoring moments? And actually label the matches as 1st rnd, 2nd rnd etc so we know at what stage the match took place.

sounds awesome.

i would have preferred mike goldberg and joe rogan to do the commentary actually. ill miss the "....AND HERE WE GO!!!!" as well as rogans numerous mentions of rubber guard as if he gets commission for everytime he mentions it

Thats awesome- Shawn is amazing. I love the guy.

Was the play by play done live, or afterwards while watching the video?

I'm pretty sure it was done after watching the video, as I talked to Shawn during the tournament.

Sean Flanery, the actor of Powder and Boondock Saints fame?

Sean Flanery is a legit grappler and a good actor!
yes the same actor of those two movies

Yes, Sean is Shawn William's first (and I believe only) Black Belt.

I saw him teaching a class at hollywoodbjj, and he is a great teacher.

Sir Taps - Sounds great, finally BJJ DVDs are catching up to the Judo sets put out by Fighting Films.

Any thoughts on adding the highlights of each athletes route to the finals to any future sets? No need to show each match in full, but how about the subs and key scoring moments? And actually label the matches as 1st rnd, 2nd rnd etc so we know at what stage the match took place.

Yes there is a little of that and if this DVD does well, we'll be adding more details and special features on future releases. In the coming months we will release the best fights from the entire weekend.

kying418 - I'm pretty sure it was done after watching the video, as I talked to Shawn during the tournament.

Yes it was recorded after the tournament but these guys are fantastic on the mic. Shawn Williams is extremely knowledgeable and gives great insight to every detail of the matches. It's a very informative and entertaining DVD. We should have a trailer ready in a few days.

Budovideos- huge kudos for getting Shawn/Sean!

Looking forward to this

When is the release date?

On the webpage it says "Expected release date is late September" but then at the very bottom says expected to ship 10/2008.

If this dvd is being released in early october and i have preordered saulos book which is being released 10/10/08 can i get them shipped together instead of paying shipping twice?

ttt

BenWS - When is the release date?

On the webpage it says "Expected release date is late September" but then at the very bottom says expected to ship 10/2008.

If this dvd is being released in early october and i have preordered saulos book which is being released 10/10/08 can i get them shipped together instead of paying shipping twice?

PM me or contact us through the site and we'll have that taken care of for you. You can always call us on our 800 number.