2014 PS3 releases and buying a PS4

so NHL comes out soon. So does BF4.

I am buying a PS4. Does this mean I have to wait to get these games (speaking moreso of the NHL version because it comes out this week)?

Dont want to buy the game twice. Im assuming that the PS4 versions of these games will be different. Im sure the answer is hold off; Im just confused, especially with BF, that they would launch such a huge title before the PS4 comes out...

Hold off on buying a PS4.

Some of the games, such as the new GTA will let you trade straight up for the PS4 version if you bought the PS3 version. Phone Post 3.0

http://www.gamespot.com/gamescom/sony-reveals-ps3-to-ps4-upgrade-program-6413256/?edition=desktop

There you go friend! Phone Post

rufus - 

why do you say that? Wouldnt it be better to hold off on buying 2014 titles since I plan on buying a PS4 anyway?

thanks gerb!

BigEyedFish - 
rufus - 

why do you say that? Wouldnt it be better to hold off on buying 2014 titles since I plan on buying a PS4 anyway?

I don't know.  I just plan on waiting a year to buy one, just as I did with the PS3.  The price comes down and the developers seem to get the kinks worked out on the second year games.  I don't think GTA5 is even coming out for the PS4.  They'll have a lot more titles in the second year.

yeah it would definitely give me some price relief. I just wanna play bf4 for ps4 asap..

js138 -
Danger'sDaddy - Some of the games, such as the new GTA will let you trade straight up for the PS4 version if you bought the PS3 version. Phone Post 3.0
GTA5 isn't coming to PS4 or Xbox One anytime soon. Were talking most likely 2 years. Phone Post 3.0

Where did you hear that? Phone Post

what is the USD price point for the ps4?

$399 USD I believe

SamOnDrums - 
js138 -
Danger'sDaddy - Some of the games, such as the new GTA will let you trade straight up for the PS4 version if you bought the PS3 version. Phone Post 3.0
GTA5 isn't coming to PS4 or Xbox One anytime soon. Were talking most likely 2 years. Phone Post 3.0

Maybe he's thinking about Gran Turismo, which is completely different from Grand Theft Auto. They're not the same thing, like hummus and refried beans are.

SamOnDrums -
js138 -

I preordered it yesterday for the ps4 Phone Post 3.0

I probably got shafted though, not really a gamer. Phone Post 3.0

js138 -
Danger'sDaddy -
SamOnDrums -
js138 -

I preordered it yesterday for the ps4 Phone Post 3.0
GTA5? For the ps4 or ps3? If they sold you a "ps4" version id be calling them back Phone Post 3.0
Yeah I'm gonna check into it for sure now. I don't keep up with this stuff enough to know. Phone Post 3.0

if you buy final fantasy 14 on ps3 you get it for free on ps4. Many of the games that get released on ps3 will give you a trade in bonus if getting same title for ps4. Phone Post

rufus -
BigEyedFish - 
rufus - 

I don't know.  I just plan on waiting a year to buy one, just as I did with the PS3.  The price comes down and the developers seem to get the kinks worked out on the second year games.  I don't think GTA5 is even coming out for the PS4.  They'll have a lot more titles in the second year.

Lol at the price going down in one year. Phone Post 3.0