2016 Swordsman Grand Melee Tournament

Are you not Entertained!?

So, i have put together two teams of fictional swordsman to compete in a team vs team melee battle.

The winner will be the team with remaining member(s) left standing.

Contestants will be the versions of each character described below (sometimes there are multiple versions). Each combatant will fight with his standard equipment, unhorsed. 

Discuss how you think this will play out, the match ups that will present themselves in the melee, styles vs styles, who you think will square up against who, and how they will fare.

Ill break down each contestant a bit later in the thread.

So, the two teams are as follows:

Team 1 consists of:

Ser Arthur Dayne, the Sword of the Morning

Drizzt Do'urden

Madmartigan

Boromir

Balian de Ibelin (Kingdom of Heaven)

Maximus Decimus Meridius

Inigo Montoya (Hello)

Hector (Troy version)

Captain Nathan Algren (The Last Samurai)

Conan the Barbarian (Movie Version)

Team 2 shall be

Ser Barristan Selmy the Bold

Artemis Entreri

The Kingslayer, Jamie Lannister

Sir Lancelot (First Knight Version)

D'artagnon (The Musketeer 2001 Version)

Aragorn

Wesley (The Dread Pirate Roberts)

Achilles (Troy Version)

Conor MacLeod

Buliwyf (The 13th Warrior)

Contestant Descriptions and Summaries to follow

After reading the first team i wondered how you could have a comparable second team. Good job. Phone Post 3.0

Arthur Dayne kills them all with his left hand while taking a piss with his right.

Team 2 rapes....

Barristan slight edge on Dayne, and Entreri and Drizzt neutralize each other.  After that, Team 1 has nobody to compete with Aragorn or Achilles.  

And Algren is seemingly balanced against Conor McLeod? Pure insanity

Still though, the nerd in me is excited for this.  Between the boob pics and this, you're one of my favorites, Chimono

Team 2 all day not even close Phone Post 3.0

Ser Arthur Dayne, the Sword of the Morning

Ser Arthur Dayne, known as the Sword of the Morning, was a famed and legendary knight from House Dayne and a member of Aerys II Targaryen's Kingsguard. Many considered him to be the most chivalrous warrior of the Seven Kingdoms. Arthur wielded the greatsword called Dawn as part of his office as Sword of the Morning.

“ The finest knight I ever saw was Ser Arthur Dayne, who fought with a blade called Dawn, forged from the heart of a fallen star. They called him the Sword of the Morning, and he would have killed me but for Howland Reed.”
– Eddard Stark to Bran Stark

“ I learned from the White Bull and Barristan the Bold. I learned from Ser Arthur Dayne, the Sword of the Morning, who could have slain all five of you with his left hand while he was taking a piss with the right. I learned from Prince Lewyn of Dorne and Ser Oswell Whent and Ser Jonothor Darry, good men every one. ”
- Jaime Lannister to Loras Tyrell

Drizzt Do'urden

Drizzt Do'Urden, also called Drizzt Daermon N'a'shezbaernon, was a male drow ranger. He was an atypical drow who had forsaken both the evil ways of his people and their home in the Underdark, to become the legendary hero of the North.

Drizzt fought in the two long-weapon style common among drow warriors. When tides turned bad, or when facing opponents such as dragons or frost giants, he conjured a globe of darkness that neither himself nor his opponent could see through.Depending on the situation, Drizzt continued the fight from in there. In rare cases, Drizzt would go into a self-imposed trance where, through pure instinct, he often gained the upper hand, parrying enemy blades and making attacks that found holes in his opponent's defenses that they, not used to fighting blind, could not possibly see coming.

“Luck?" Drizzt replied. "Perhaps. But more often, I dare to say, luck is simply the advantage a true warrior gains in excuting the correct course of action.” 

Madmartigan

A disgraced knight, Madmartigan crossed paths with Willow Ufgood, a Nelwyn who was tasked with bringing the infant Elora Danan to safety so she could fulfill a prophecy and bring end to the evil rule of Demon Queen Bavmorda. Although they had a rocky start, Madmartigan and Ufgood became friends. During their adventurous journey, the former knight met the love of his life, Princess Sorsha, who abandoned her mother Bavmorda to side with those who rebelled against her.

"I am the greatest swordsman that ever lived"  -Madmartigan

Boromir

Boromir was a valiant warrior known in Gondor for his greatness, having already achieved great merit in Gondor prior to the Council of Elrond. He was the eldest son of Denethor II, who was Steward of Gondor during the War of the Ring, and his wife Finduilas. Even the people of Rohan admired him, particularly Éomer.

Boromir's sword was like its owner: big, broad, and powerful. To use it single-handed required someone with great strength in the arm and wrist, both of which this skilled warrior had in abundance. It is a hand and a half sword meaning Boromir could wield it with one hand allowing him to use his shield and as a two handed sword.

Voted up for pure nerd analysis bro. Phone Post 3.0

The VU was for Mencken Phone Post 3.0

The real question is... Can Drizzt use the Onyx Panthers? Phone Post 3.0

Close matchup. Achilles and Aragon vs Arthur Dayne and Drizzt. Want to watch Phone Post 3.0

Where is Elric?
Btw... I feel the 10 year old me getting crazy. Phone Post 3.0

Team 1 wins because of Drizzt. Power level is way over what a character from a more realistic fantasy could do, such as Dayne or Barristan. He also consistently got the better of Entreri even though they were ''equals''. Plus, his ability to conjure globes of darkness can help his team split the ennemy team. Melee will be bloody but at the end Drizzt stands alone.

Hat to post the quote, because it's just too good. Seriously though, this is a tough call. My instinct is to give it to the team that has the most members in full armor.

Balian de Ibelin

The Kingdom of Heaven film version, not the actual historical character

Maximus Decimus Meridius

Commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And he shall have his vengeance, in this life or the next.

I knew a man once who said, "Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back." -Maximus

Inigo Montoya

A Great Spanish Fencer, His training included tutelage under the most skilled fencing masters of his time. After ten years of training, Inigo becomes the greatest swordsman of his generation and the only living man to hold the rank of "wizard" (a fictional fencing rank above "master").

"Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die." 

zazen br - The real question is... Can Drizzt use the Onyx Panthers? Phone Post 3.0

No, No Guenhwyvar

Drizzt is Team 1's only hope

Good thread op. VU. Phone Post 3.0

I'm going with team 2 Phone Post 3.0

I pick team 3 consisting of The Mountain, The Red Viper, and Logan 9 Fingers (aka The Bloody Nine)